Question / Help Hey guys got a starting the output failed error (logs included)

Sparktite

So i noticed the other day this started happening almost out of nowhere. I tried looking up fixes and possible reasons for it but i just can't figure it out. A friend of mine wasn't sure what the issues could be either and he told me to post on here in case any of you lovely people could help me out.

So heres the goods i mean log files, and wanted to make a mention that my drivers are all updated and good, i also tried looking at my memory and nothings any different if anything my ram is no longer running at 1333mhz but now 2133mhz but this issue was happening when i was running at 1333 aswell.
It seems to not always happen if obs is the only program running, otherwise when im trying to start up my stream its always happening. This never used to be an issue before and i havent changed the number of programs or anything that my computer is using when running my stream.

What im doing to get this to trigger is i start my recording then my stream but it also happens when starting my stream and then the recording, streaming and recording at the same time is what im trying to get the ability to do once again.

Anyways would super appreciate any help i can get with this, thnx <3

Attachments

• 2018-07-15 21-09-41.txt
    48.2 KB · Views: 17

koala

From the log it is seen that you are able to start recording with nvenc as encoder, but starting a second nvenc encoding session with streaming in parallel fails with "error: OpenEncodeSessionEx failed: out of memory (10)". This could probably happen if you have Geforce experience installed and Shadowplay active with an active recording within Shadowplay, because the Nvidia consumer cards allow only 2 parallel nvenc sessions. One is used by Shadowplay, the other is used by OBS recording. Try to open a third for OBS streaming fails.

Try to disable Shadowplay, or uninstall Geforce experience, or switch to x264 as encoder for one of your OBS sessions - either the streaming or the recording session.

Sparktite

Alright will do thanks so much i really hope that solves the issue, kinda sucks that i cant record a shadowplay and have a local recording and stream going from obs, i worry about switching to x264 cuz that sometimes gives me issues. Ill give you an update as soon as im done stremaing today <3 thnx again