Help with PTZ Plugin

stubbie1974

Windows 10. OBS 30.1.2. PTZ Plugin V0.15.4.
FoMako Camera Model FMK20UHNDI IP PTZ Camera. Serial Number 2024-01-0370
NDI plugin Installed.
Camera may be viewed and operated thru web browser.
Camera may be viewed in OBS, but the PTZ controls do not operate the camera.
Camera configuration attached. Plugin screen shot attached.
Not sure where the communication problem is, possibly in the port settings.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Data 2.JPG
    Data 2.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Data 3.JPG
    Data 3.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Data 4.JPG
    Data 4.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Data 5.JPG
    Data 5.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Data 6.JPG
    Data 6.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Data 7.JPG
    Data 7.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Data 8.JPG
    Data 8.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Port Data 1.JPG
    Port Data 1.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 5

Lawrence_SoCal

Windows 10. OBS 30.1.2. PTZ Plugin V0.15.4.
FoMako Camera Model FMK20UHNDI IP PTZ Camera. Serial Number 2024-01-0370
NDI plugin Installed.
Camera may be viewed and operated thru web browser.
ok, good that means camera working
Camera may be viewed in OBS, but the PTZ controls do not operate the camera.
what do you mean? how exactly, are you getting video from camera into OBS Studio? by screen/display capturing browser [not good]; or via a video protocol from camera (RTSP, NDI, etc) to OBS computer, with appropriate receiving on PC/OBS Studio ? it matters
Camera configuration attached. Plugin screen shot attached.
you don't show the Video out setting on the camera
Have you actually configured the camera to output NDI? not eh NDI settings page... that just enabled NDI... you need to actually configure the Video out to send video stream at a certain resolution/frame rate, which version of NDI, and to what destination
Not sure where the communication problem is, possibly in the port settings.

stubbie1974

ok, good that means camera working

what do you mean? how exactly, are you getting video from camera into OBS Studio? by screen/display capturing browser [not good]; or via a video protocol from camera (RTSP, NDI, etc) to OBS computer, with appropriate receiving on PC/OBS Studio ? it matters

you don't show the Video out setting on the camera
Have you actually configured the camera to output NDI? not eh NDI settings page... that just enabled NDI... you need to actually configure the Video out to send video stream at a certain resolution/frame rate, which version of NDI, and to what destination
Thank you for your reply.

I watched a YouTube video on how to add the NDI camera and PTZ plugin to OBS. Seemed easy enough. Camera works within OBS. PTZ within OBS does not work.

Q: what do you mean? how exactly, are you getting video from camera into OBS Studio? by screen/display capturing browser [not good]; or via a video protocol from camera (RTSP, NDI, etc) to OBS computer, with appropriate receiving on PC/OBS Studio ? it matters

A: The camera was added to OBS as a NDI video source. The camera feed shows up fine within OBS Studio.

Q: you don't show the Video out setting on the camera

A: The camera feed to OBS Studio used the default settings in the camera configuration. I didn't have to change any settings.

The video feed into OBS Studio is excellent. The problem is with the PTZ plugin that was added to OBS. I added the IP address for the camera in the PTZ settings page. I did not edit the port setting as I don't know what port number to use.

I am an OBS newbie so your patience is appreciated.
Thank you.

Lawrence_SoCal

Couple of things..
1. beware our assumptions.
- OBS Studio does not natively support NDI. And there are known issues with the main NDI plugin I'm aware of. And I don't use that plugin with my NDI PTZ camera, so I know for certain that plugin isn't ALWAYS required (but may be in your case). In my case, my camera mfg has released a VirtualUSB driver that captures the NDI output of the camera and makes it appear to the Operating System (and all applications) as a locally attached USB camera .. single driver, easy peasy... but that is for that Tier 1 manufacturer
- that not making changes on the camera 'cuz something worked is the right config. Not likely, but possible that not configuring the NDI output on camera may be why you are having PTZ Control issues? or some other camera setting
2. most plugins are 3rd party (not by OBS Studio development team).
In the case of PTZ, there are multiple plugins, and most every plugin hosted here has its own discussion thread for questions specific to that plugin.
3. there is NOT one control protocols for PTZ cameras, there are many. And even with a primary NDI camera 'standard' control protocol (Sony's VISCA over IP) there are 'dialects'/flavors. So, you need to:
a. confirm EXACTLY which protocol/'dialect' a PTZ control over IP you camera uses, and make sure that remote control is enabled. Also, don't be surprised if the PTZ camera needs a firmware update to get a cleanly working camera (especially if a knock-off asian brand, like the FoMako).
b. Use software (PTZ plugin, or other) compatible with your specific camera and that software is configured correctly for your specific camera

Have you looked at PTZ Optics free PTZ controller software, including OBS Studio plugin?