Question / Help Help with OBS configuration for Ryzen 7 / Rx 580 for streamming

elcristianrojas

Hello everyone!

Can you guys help me finding the optimal OBS configuration for 1080/60 fps streaming for my pc? This is for live streaming on Facebook Gaming

My Pc is:

- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core 3.00 GHz
- 32 GB RAM
- AMD xfx RX 580 8gb

- internet conection of 10 MB upload

I would appreciate any suggestions about the configuration, please ask me if you need more info…

Thanks!

I second Narcogen. I had the same system. I wish you the best of luck but I ended up upgrading to an NVIDIA GTX 1660 SUPER to use NVENC encoding and it made everything dirt simple. As Narcogen patiently explained to me, that card has not 1 but 2 Turing chipsets just for encoding, not used by normal 3d games, so your encoding doesnt affect game performance.

I hate it when i ask a specific question and people reply with posts like this to do something like buy a new gfx card, but because I had your *exact* set - ryzen 7 1700, 32 gb ram, rx 580 - and never got it working well, I wanted to at least offer up what worked for me.

Even with the wizard, which fixed a ton of issues and I could stream, the system had latency that caused the game to run poorly with massive frame drops. So i could stream, but my gameplay was now awful, so i was (successfully) streaming low quality gameplay, which was not ideal. Switching to a NVIDIA card that had NVENC encoding worked magic.

I truly hope the auto wizard works for you, but if it doesnt, a cheap 1660 SUPER made streaming a joy. I wish i had bought it before spending 40 hours trying to get my rx 580 to stream.

deFrisselle

Never have had any problems with my XFX RX 580 Though I mostly stream from my shop on an old Phenom II with an ASUS R9 270X, four cams and it works fine with hardware encoding Which is a first gen AMD encoder A 580 is third gen
Make sure you are using the AMD Hardware Encoder from the Plugins section

deFrisselle

I second Narcogen. I had the same system. I wish you the best of luck but I ended up upgrading to an NVIDIA GTX 1660 SUPER to use NVENC encoding and it made everything dirt simple.

Nvidia worked with OBS to make it that way
It just configs itself whereas AMD encoding require a little manual config