Help with Image Mask/Blend

natv

Hi,

I tried to follow these tutorials, and the mask "works" BUT it's off-center by a lot, I guess I'm not sure of the logistics in first getting the thing I want to mask to be the right size?

What I'm trying to do:

I sit in a large leather chair... the sides of the chair often get a green halo from my green screen.
What I want to do is mask the shape of my chair, to cut out anything beyond the outline of the chair.

I took a screenshot of my OBS screen using Snagit, and then took that into Photoshop to make the mask, but when I add that mask image in as a filter, it's not positioned correctly, and there is no way to adjust it.

My secondary issue is that my chair or camera might move a bit each day use it, so really the need to adjust the mask will be there, but I'm not seeing any way adjust the placement. I don't want to have to redraw the mask every day.

Is there any way to make the mask as an additional layer instead of as a filter on the webcam layer? (this way I can reposition it later) I tried some things but the background is always black instead of transparent so I couldn't get that working.

Or any ideas?

Thanks