Question / Help Help with Hauppage Rocket + Xbox One Setup

Mr Fishy McFish

Hi There,

I've been tinkering around trying to get my rocket working with OBS and I have it working partly (the video comes through) and I now have a USB mic so you can hear me in OBS, but I'm getting no sound from the Xbox.

Tried a few different things, (window capture from Hauppage Capture software, change the audio from just capture audio to wave audio -> crashed the whole thing)

I think there are some clues in the log file so hopefully that helps!

Any help would be appreciated :)

FerretBomb

Hauppage devices are well-known to have/cause significant issues, and are advised against strongly. They generally require special handling code to work properly, most of which has been removed from the OBS codebase as niche legacy, last I knew.
The best option would be to run their software and window capture that. If their software isn't capturing audio, reaching out to Hauppage support would be the next step.

Avoiding that, you can get an HDMI audio extractor that will sit in-line between the console and capture device, splitting audio out to a standard minijack; you can run a dubbing cable from that to your system's audio Line In port, and enable that device either in OBS, or through the 'listen to this device' checkbox on the audio device properties and capture it through the Desktop channel instead.

If you just bought the Hauppage Rocket though, I'd recommend seeing if you are still within the returns policy period, send it back, and snag something like an Elgato HD60S instead. A little more expensive, but a LOT less janky.