Help please. How to install the obs multi rtmp extension on mac os m1?

Rita Kuo

Help please. How to install the obs multi rtmp extension on mac os m1
I just updated OBS to version 28 on MacBook Pro M1, and finally installed obs-multi-rtmp.

Here's how I did.
1. Open Finder. Go to "Applications", right click on "OBS", and select "Get Info".
2. Take a look at "Kind" in the "General" section.
If you're using m1, it should be "Application (Apple Silicon)".
But I accidentally installed OBS x86, which is "Application (Intel)".
3. Download obs-multi-rtmp on GitHub.
If your OBS is "Application (Apple Silicon)", download arm64.
Otherwise, download x86.
4. Open Finder, and go to "Applications" again.
5. Right click on "OBS", and select "Show Package Contents".
6. Go into "Content" > "Plugins".
7. Put the .plugin file you download at step 3 to "Plugins".
8. Restart / Start OBS. It's successfully installed if you can see "Multiple output" dock.

If you didn't see it,
9. Click "Docks" on the toolbar, and check whether "Multiple output" is listed in Docks.
if it is, it's successfully installed but invisible.
10. Right click on the preview, and click "Enable Preview" to disable it.
You might see the Multiple output dock on the left side.
11. Drag it to somewhere that will not be covered by the preview, and enable preview.

FYI

SABR

I just updated OBS to version 28 on MacBook Pro M1, and finally installed obs-multi-rtmp.

Here's how I did.
1. Open Finder. Go to "Applications", right click on "OBS", and select "Get Info".
Otherwise, download x86.
8. Restart / Start OBS. It's successfully installed if you can see "Multiple output" dock.

If you didn't see it,
9. Click "Docks" on the toolbar, and check whether "Multiple output" is listed in Docks.
11. Drag it to somewhere that will not be covered by the preview, and enable preview.

FYI
Thank you for the detailed instructions! I've been trying to figure it out for two hours. This worked for me.

RomanCastroG

Here's how I did.
Otherwise, download x86.

If you didn't see it,

FYI
You rock!

ChasinLex

Did these exact instructions tonight when upgrading an M1 MacMini to OBS 28. The plugin is in the right folder but in “Docks” there is no sign of the Multiple Output dock. Ideas?

ChasinLex

Decided something somewhere was messed up. Wiped everything out, installed from scratch and it’s all working now.

nemy

Did these exact instructions tonight when upgrading an M1 MacMini to OBS 28. The plugin is in the right folder but in “Docks” there is no sign of the Multiple Output dock. Ideas?
hello, im experiencing the same problem i deleted the plugin and reinstalled it but it still doesn't work. what did you do exactly to fix this

ChasinLex

If you’re running OBS 29, the multiple RTMP plugin isn’t working at all even following the above instructions. OBS 28 it’s working following the above instruction list.

stevecarty

multiple RTMP output is hidden behind the preview on mac yes, it can be seen when you disable preview yes. but on my M1 Mac, even when my docks are unlocked, the plugin is immovable and i can't click anything or enter anything. cannot click add new target or anything else

by following the intructions in this post, i got this far, but without being able to move the plugin or "add new target" i'd consider this not working.
Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 9.26.39 PM.png

Yarrow73

Thank you, Rita Kuo! This worked perfectly for me on a Mac Studio. The dock WAS hidden behind the Preview. I was able to move it to a new position next to the other docks and add a new stream destination. Tested and it worked!

FWIW, it didn't work at first for me because I had accidentally installed the x86 version of OBS, but the ARM plugin. Once I installed the Apple Silicon app and plugin and followed your instructions, it worked perfectly. Which is a relief because I need to use it for an event in two days.

xNOXYTWxTTV

Does anyone know how to uninstall this on Mac. Ever Since i Installed this it has screwed up my streams and idk how to get rid of it...i have tried uninstalling obs but the files are still there...i deleted every obs file i could find but it is still there....Every time i close out OBS its locks up and i have to force quit it. i just want to uninstall this plugin

apa56khabar

Hi, I am using High Sierra. The downloaded file supposed to have .so file but only .pkg file. Any way to get the .so file from .pkg file?