Bug Report HELP! OBS spying on me???

1ssam

Everytime I check the folder where the OBS recordings go, I see those hundreds of irrelevant recording, most of them are made when OBS is not even open!!!

Is it a glitch or something? A virus? Trojan? Or something else? I've downloaded it from the main source.

I had to uninstall OBS because of this.

Attachments

• obs glitch.png
    obs glitch.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 126

koala

OBS does not have such a feature. It is unable to make a recording if it is not running. It also does not have a feature that starts a recording without user interaction. There may exist plugins or external programs that control OBS and make it doing automated recordings, but OBS itself doesn't bring this, and you have to install such plugins yourself.

You may have minimized OBS to the system tray instead of closing it, so it stays running. And you may have defined a hotkey to start/stop recordings you use frequently in other apps, so you accidentally started and stopped the recording feature of a minimized OBS every other minute.
And if you never manually started OBS but see it always running, you may have added it yourself to autostart. By itself, OBS does not have a autostart at user login or system start.

1ssam

OBS does not have such a feature. It is unable to make a recording if it is not running. It also does not have a feature that starts a recording without user interaction. There may exist plugins or external programs that control OBS and make it doing automated recordings, but OBS itself doesn't bring this, and you have to install such plugins yourself.

You may have minimized OBS to the system tray instead of closing it, so it stays running. And you may have defined a hotkey to start/stop recordings you use frequently in other apps, so you accidentally started and stopped the recording feature of a minimized OBS every other minute.
And if you never manually started OBS but see it always running, you may have added it yourself to autostart. By itself, OBS does not have a autostart at user login or system start.

I can assure you that it was even doing so when the app was not running. Besides for the hotkey, I didn't even have to make this hotkey very often when the app was closed. The "spy videos" were happening every 10 minutes or so, in spite that I was unaware. I do not remember adding OBS to autostart.

Osiris

I can assure you that it was even doing so when the app was not running. Besides for the hotkey, I didn't even have to make this hotkey very often when the app was closed. The "spy videos" were happening every 10 minutes or so, in spite that I was unaware. I do not remember adding OBS to autostart.

That is literally impossible, if OBS is not running it cannot record.