Question / Help HELP! OBS not connecting with facebook.

link2dave

I've been streaming in facebook and twitch with no problem at all. But just recently (today to be more precise), whenever i clic on "start streaming" to stream in facebook it says:

"Could not access the specified channel or stream key, please double-check your stream key. If it is correct, there may be a problem connecting to the server".

I've triple checked the key, reseted the permanent key, etc. and it happens in my fanpage, personal profile and to another friend too (who also streams frequently). So the problem its with OBS trying to connect with facebook in general. Twitch streaming has no trouble at all, business as usual (so its not a firewall or connection problem) i've just tested in twitch and works fine but facebook keeps telling me that even after "use autentification".

Any idea what could help?
I followed this > https://support.restream.io/en/articles/212310-how-to-manually-connect-facebook-to-restream and the setting allowed me to stream with the facebook streamkey

jomita

OBS 15.0.1 does not connect to facebook , twitch no problem please help if anybody found a solution

Sir Z

Wow. I though I was the only one. Prepared my OBS last night for today's live streaming on facebook, but it messed up. first, i kept on receiving this pop up box in obs that says go live but nothing happens. 2. the go live button in facebook remained grayed out, and 3. my obs keeps on resetting to custom in streaming when i already set it in facebook live. i hope this gets fixed asap coz i have another classroom session with fifth graders tomorrow.

Formentere

I found a solution! Make sure USE A PERSISTENT STREAM KEY is off!!

Attachments

• PIC.png
    PIC.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 184

Lawrence_SoCal

Using a Persistent stream key is BAD security, and not something I'd recommend using, in most cases

Facebook has recently been making undocumented changes to live streaming, at least as far as I've noticed in /Live/Producer. Going live, especially for Scheduled Videos, which I use so non-Facebook users can also watch, has changed a little. There are new required fields, and additional steps. And I ran into an issue last month, for a few weeks running where Scheduled Videos wouldn't start automatically as they used to. They do auto start now, but about 10 seconds late, vs right on time as was the case last year... odd... the joy of using a free service