Question / Help HELP! OBS not connecting with facebook.

PouKii

I've been streaming in facebook and twitch with no problem at all. But just recently (today to be more precise), whenever i clic on "start streaming" to stream in facebook it says:

"Could not access the specified channel or stream key, please double-check your stream key. If it is correct, there may be a problem connecting to the server".

I've triple checked the key, reseted the permanent key, etc. and it happens in my fanpage, personal profile and to another friend too (who also streams frequently). So the problem its with OBS trying to connect with facebook in general. Twitch streaming has no trouble at all, business as usual (so its not a firewall or connection problem) i've just tested in twitch and works fine but facebook keeps telling me that even after "use autentification".

Any idea what could help?

pat_o

Having the same problem. No solution yet. Have tried resetting stream key and also manually setting the server instead of selecting "Streaming services".

Anyone have any other ideas?

Same error as above.

Running version 21.1.2 (64-bit, Windows)

FlexiV

Noticed that the URL from the Facebook interface is different than what it was. Also confirmed from the OBS logs that it is a different URL from Wednesday.
I have not had a chance to try to change the URL in OBS yet to confirm if that is a fix yet.

SancMediaTeam

I am having a similar issue running on MacOS, and I posted in that forum here. If you find a solution, could you please pass it along there also? Thank you.

CrimsonMonster

Same issue here. Searching and awaiting answers.

09:46:16.585: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmp://rtmp-api.facebook.com:80/rtmp/...
09:46:16.609: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Interface: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller #3 (ethernet, 100 mbps)
09:46:16.974: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, remote host closed connection
09:46:16.974: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connection to rtmp://rtmp-api.facebook.com:80/rtmp/ failed: -3

Tried switching to custom stream service and entering FB URL manually and same error.

Last edited:

RisingEagle

having the same error. started happening today.

I had upgraded to 21.1.1 and thought it was related to that - but from the posts above it sounds like it's more widespread.

error as follows in the log
10:46:57.362: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmp://rtmp-api.facebook.com:80/rtmp/...
10:46:58.153: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, remote host closed connection
10:46:58.153: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connection to rtmp://rtmp-api.facebook.com:80/rtmp/ failed: -3

I've also attempted changing various streaming settings (bitrate, etc) but no difference.

Ken Balme

Echoing same problem mates. Tried everything and the kitchen sink to get that stream key to work in OBS. Even udpated OBS to latest version for our older MAC OS. No internet issues from our side in and out bound. Re starts of streaming machine OBS Mac, mutiple different keys etc all at the same point most every one else is at. Good to know I'm not the only one..

stanto

I am also having this problem intermittently. Pinging the IP address appears to work fine, streaming to Facebook with a webcam works fine.

RisingEagle

just tested again - seems to be working now. I assume it was on FB-side; didn't change a thing on OBS. no update, no patch, no setting changes.