Help! I really screwed up.

tuptim

I was playing around with obs and resizing some images and saw the option that said "resize Output (source size)" i clicked it, there was a warning but I thought it would only affect the one image. Nope.

It completely screwed up every single scene that I have spent 100s of hours working on. Every scene only shows the top left corner of the entire scene. How do I undo this!? please help!

koala

Set Settings->Video->Base resolution to your original resolution, as well as Settings->Video->Output resolution. These two settings are the settings that adjusted by the function you used without knowing what it does.

tuptim

Oh wow. It scared me that I didnt know how to fix it! All is good now. I really wish OBS had an undo option. It prevents me from trying out different settings and features. Thank you 1000x

koala

Undo is unfortunately not available, but for experimenting, you can use profiles to create snapshots of a working configuration: Menu Profile->Duplicate. Or to start with a completely fresh configuration with the defaults do Profile->New. The collection of your scenes and sources are independent, they can be managed/duplicated/switched with the Scene Collection menu.

Thanks for that information. I haven't worked with profiles yet, so, that will be the next item on my learning curve. :-)