HELP! Complete Slideshow Lag when OBS is open (not recording)

Stolm

Hey, I've come across a problem with certain titles when OBS is active. This is just with the OBS software launched and not recording, or even visible on my second monitor. Preview window can be on or off, doesn't matter. The two titles are Max Payne & Uru: Ages of Myst.

I have been recording PC and console footage daily for almost 2 years and have only ever seen this issue with these 2 titles so far.

Anyone have any ideas on why this is happening or how to fix?

Stolm

After doing some more testing, the problem seems to be with the "Game Capture" source. As soon as i disable it my fps maxes out at my refresh rate. When I enable my fps drops below 10.

Display capture work tremendously better, but it still suffers from a little bit of perceptible lag.

What would cause this in older games?

Stolm

This can be marked as solved.

I started looking into the similarities between the 2 games, and found that they are both Direct3D8 games. I found a forum where people were discussing issues with "exclusive fullscreen" stemming from a Windows 10 update, and also software called DXWrapper that can fix issues with DirectX games by converting 3d8 files to 3d9.

Followed the instructions and dropped D3d9 .dll's in the game directories and the games work perfectly smooth with OBS open and recording.