Hello, I really need technical support ! I need gurus on this topic!

rockbottom

After you finish testing, close/re-open OBS & then post the log. I'll take a look to see if anything need to be fixed or adjusted.

agofun

After you finish testing, close/re-open OBS & then post the log. I'll take a look to see if anything need to be fixed or adjusted.
I set it to 1440p 60 fps LA_CBR 45000Kbps quality high 2s normal b-frame 2 . In my opinion, this is the best quality that I saw on my stream, but these are only the first impressions. I'm just afraid that because of the high bitrate - people with bad internet will not be able to watch me, am I right?

rockbottom

It fallsback to CBR so just use it. Slow preset & you don't need to set the bit-rate that high. I use 25Mbp/s for 2160p @ 60fps.

agofun

It fallsback to CBR so just use it. Slow preset & you don't need to set the bit-rate that high. I use 25Mbp/s for 2160p @ 60fps.
25000 bitrates for 1440 okay ?
I have a dynamic game (Escape From Tarkov) Where there is a lot of grass, etc.

Lawrence_SoCal

I'm just afraid that because of the high bitrate - people with bad internet will not be able to watch me, am I right?
All of the free consumer Content Delivery Networks (CDNs, YouTube, FaceBook, Twitch, etc) re-encode uploaded videos (especially H.264) for bandwidth efficient distribution to viewers (there are many articles from the CDNs covering this). Then viewing clients are able to signal delivery system to adjust bitrate. Often mobile clients get a lower bitrate than a PC... but lots of variables... it depends.. It will be interesting to see what the industry does with AV1 upload streams

The large the bitrate you send, and depending on live viewership count, a really large bitrate upload may simply causing a larger delay in distribution (maybe.. it could easily vary)?
In my use case, quality Recording is valuable to me, so I consider the uploaded video library to me our lowest resolution, fallback option. My OBS Studio local Recordings are much higher quality than anything at a CDN. My GTX 1660 Super has no issue doing both 1080p30 stream encoding and a higher res encoding for local Recording

agofun

It seems to me in tests that at 45-48k bitrate, it is much better to deal with grass than at 20-25

Better not to use above 25 even if I can ?

AaronD

For what it's worth, I have an 8 core i7-4940MX @ 3.1GHz, and a Quadro K5100M, from 2015. Using NVIDIA's official 470 driver, which is the last that supports that GPU. Seems to work just fine with 1080p30, slow settings, provided that I don't block the inlets for the cooling fans on the bottom of the laptop.

Linus Tech Tips did a video a while back about the *actual* value of 4K, compared to 1080p. Even using a big 4K screen, sitting close to it, none of his gamers could tell if the game was set to 1920x1080 or 3840x2160. (which is what 4K really is)

And for frame rate, the only reason to use more than 30 is if you're capturing fast motion. For a video game, that *might* be a reason to use 60, but any more is pointless except for bragging rights. You might be tempted by 144fps or whatever, but you can't even react that fast while playing, let alone appreciate it watching. Even 60fps is beyond the human reaction rate.

rockbottom

Yep, more bits usually results in higher q with that type of material. Aaron posted the perfect example of that above.

I assume everything is running stable, correct?

agofun

I'm even more confused, and I don't understand why it's better to stream with QuickSync or x264 :d

agofun

Here is such a test stream came out, the processor was loaded up to 85-90%, and had a maximum temperature of 70-82 degrees, there were no missed frames and renderings. I hope these are normal temperatures and workload?
Please rate the stream from 0 to 10 if you have any comments or tips - I'm always very happy with criticism and help!

AaronD

That seems like a pretty high CPU load, but if it's constant, not spiky, and the game doesn't stutter, then I guess it's okay. For anything unpredictable, I like to see it around 50% or less, but if I know that it's going to be constant, then 90% is fine.

For the stream itself, I'm not a gamer, nor do I watch game streams, so I'm not really qualified to say what's good or not from that audience's perspective. But what I *can* say as an audio engineer, is that your voice sounds muffled, like you're mumbling. I don't speak your language, but that's a common thing to all languages: mumbling is hard to understand.

I did a kids' theatrical show where one of the actors insisted on mumbling, so I killed the bass from his mic, a lot more than I normally do, to try and get at least *some* intelligibility back. I did get *some*, but not very much. If he were projecting, as if to hit the back row with no electronics at all, he would have been fine.

From what I can tell in your camera shot and from how the mic is performing, I'm guessing that you're in a quiet room with no natural indication that you need to be loud. So you're not. But you need to be louder than you are in that clip to make it work well. Not because of volume, but because the tonal quality of your voice is more understandable when you push it more than what I hear in that clip. If it means you have to turn the mic down, that's good!

agofun

That seems like a pretty high CPU load, but if it's constant, not spiky, and the game doesn't stutter, then I guess it's okay. For anything unpredictable, I like to see it around 50% or less, but if I know that it's going to be constant, then 90% is fine.

For the stream itself, I'm not a gamer, nor do I watch game streams, so I'm not really qualified to say what's good or not from that audience's perspective. But what I *can* say as an audio engineer, is that your voice sounds muffled, like you're mumbling. I don't speak your language, but that's a common thing to all languages: mumbling is hard to understand.

I did a kids' theatrical show where one of the actors insisted on mumbling, so I killed the bass from his mic, a lot more than I normally do, to try and get at least *some* intelligibility back. I did get *some*, but not very much. If he were projecting, as if to hit the back row with no electronics at all, he would have been fine.

From what I can tell in your camera shot and from how the mic is performing, I'm guessing that you're in a quiet room with no natural indication that you need to be loud. So you're not. But you need to be louder than you are in that clip to make it work well. Not because of volume, but because the tonal quality of your voice is more understandable when you push it more than what I hear in that clip. If it means you have to turn the mic down, that's good!

I took the test at 4 am and didn't want to wake up my wife or daughter who is in the next room, so this mumbling was just because of that)

agofun

Hey, I've built a new computer to try and be a good streamer! My build: i9 13900k + 32gb ddr5 + rx 7900 xtx +ssd 980 evo pro 1tb.
So I wondered what is the best way to organize a stream? Options Considered: 1) Buy a second PC to stream through NDI ( something like GPU: Gigabyte Intel Arc A380 + CPU: Intel i3 12100F )
2) Buy a second video card purely for streaming (nvidia something like 4070 and change the power supply to a larger one) and stream from one PC, or I really ask for help with a hint how things are now. I'm going to stream to YouTube + Twitch + trovo via obs multi rtmp

AaronD

Hey, I've built a new computer to try and be a good streamer! My build: i9 13900k + 32gb ddr5 + rx 7900 xtx +ssd 980 evo pro 1tb.
So I wondered what is the best way to organize a stream? Options Considered: 1) Buy a second PC to stream through NDI ( something like GPU: Gigabyte Intel Arc A380 + CPU: Intel i3 12100F )
2) Buy a second video card purely for streaming (nvidia something like 4070 and change the power supply to a larger one) and stream from one PC, or I really ask for help with a hint how things are now. I'm going to stream to YouTube + Twitch + trovo via obs multi rtmp
If you're considering a second PC for streaming, I'd go for capturing the physical video signal. That way the gaming PC has no idea that there's anything different going on, and you can manage and troubleshoot it like a standard, standalone gaming rig. And the streaming PC is similarly set up just for streaming. No shared resources at all.

Maybe something like this:
Code:
+-----------+   HDMI    +-----------------+   HDMI    +----------+   HDMI    +-------------------------+     
| Gaming PC |---------->| Audio Extractor |---------->| Splitter |---------->| Gaming Monitor          |     
+-----------+           | (optional)      |           +----------+           | (speakers not necessary |     
                        +-----------------+                 |                | if using the Extractor) |     
                                |                           | HDMI           +-------------------------+     
                                | audio                     |                                                
                                V                           V                                                
                        +-------------+             ++------------------+----------------+                   
                        | Speakers or |             || HDMI -> PCIe     | Streaming PC   |                   
                        | Headphones  |             || Capture Card     |                |                   
                        +-------------+             || (includes audio) |                |                   
                                                    |+------------------+                |                   
                                                    |                                    |                   
                                                    +------------------------------------+                   
                                                            ^                   |                            
                                        +-----+             | USB               | audio    +----------------+
                                        | Mic |-------------+                   +--------->| Headphones     |
                                        +-----+                                            | (OBS Monitor   |
                                                                                           | for occasional |
                                                                                           | spot-check)    |
                                                                                           +----------------+

The Audio Extractor could go anywhere in the HDMI stream, and it'll work the same way. It was just more convenient to draw it here.

If you want to respond to comments in real time, then you could have the streaming PC display them on its own monitor next to the Gaming Monitor.
If you want to interact with other gamers, then presumably the game does that already. You might need to split the mic though, so that it feeds both machines separately, or have a separate mic for each machine in roughly the same place.

agofun

If you're considering a second PC for streaming, I'd go for capturing the physical video signal. That way the gaming PC has no idea that there's anything different going on, and you can manage and troubleshoot it like a standard, standalone gaming rig. And the streaming PC is similarly set up just for streaming. No shared resources at all.

Maybe something like this:
Code:
+-----------+   HDMI    +-----------------+   HDMI    +----------+   HDMI    +-------------------------+    
| Gaming PC |---------->| Audio Extractor |---------->| Splitter |---------->| Gaming Monitor          |    
+-----------+           | (optional)      |           +----------+           | (speakers not necessary |    
                        +-----------------+                 |                | if using the Extractor) |    
                                |                           | HDMI           +-------------------------+    
                                | audio                     |                                               
                                V                           V                                               
                        +-------------+             ++------------------+----------------+                  
                        | Speakers or |             || HDMI -> PCIe     | Streaming PC   |                  
                        | Headphones  |             || Capture Card     |                |                  
                        +-------------+             || (includes audio) |                |                  
                                                    |+------------------+                |                  
                                                    |                                    |                  
                                                    +------------------------------------+                  
                                                            ^                   |                           
                                        +-----+             | USB               | audio    +----------------+
                                        | Mic |-------------+                   +--------->| Headphones     |
                                        +-----+                                            | (OBS Monitor   |
                                                                                           | for occasional |
                                                                                           | spot-check)    |
                                                                                           +----------------+

The Audio Extractor could go anywhere in the HDMI stream, and it'll work the same way. It was just more convenient to draw it here.

If you want to respond to comments in real time, then you could have the streaming PC display them on its own monitor next to the Gaming Monitor.
If you want to interact with other gamers, then presumably the game does that already. You might need to split the mic though, so that it feeds both machines separately, or have a separate mic for each machine in roughly the same place.

¿Y qué hay de la transmisión a través de NDI a obs a través de la red?

AaronD

¿Y qué hay de la transmisión a través de NDI a obs a través de la red?
That can work too, but then you have something on the gaming PC that is not for the game. I like the idea of having each machine dedicated to its own job, with no change whatsoever from the "standard" way to do that job. It makes it easy to get help, for one thing, and it just "feels right" to have a clear "separation of duties" at that point. Whatever weirdness I add is *physically outside* of the "standard rig".