Hello and Thank You

ctlw83

There isn't really an "introduction" forum so, I figured I'd use the feedback one, seeing as I am truly thankful for the software you have built.

I am planning on utilizing, or at least, attempting to utilize OBS to do a video version of my wife and I's podcast. I plan on getting 3 1080p webcams and setting each one to its own scene. I also figure it would be simple enough to duplicate one or two of the cameras in separate scenes with lower third GIFs or PNGs I can create in GIMP. I'll probably stream in 720p to lower bandwidth and use the remote stream host to record the video. Either that or I will record it to my machine and then edit and upload later. I am not sure yet.

While I know OBS was designed more for game streaming, the software is both simple and robust enough to allow me to do what I was going to spend $50 on one of those lame webcamera overlay programs to do. It is truly a God-send for what I am trying to do.

As much as I would love to have a professional hardware video switcher and/or dedicated video streaming/switching software, at $500+ for software solutions and $1000+ on average for "entry level" hardware solutions, yeah, that isn't going to happen. That isn't even to speak of cameras and the costs associated with those either.

So, the software is awesome and I am glad that someone has taken the time to create an open source solution appropriate for both gamers and video hobbyists.

The technical difficulty I have has been posted in the Questions and Help forum, where it belongs, and may very well be something I have to correct with the web camera settings themselves. I am testing with the laptop's on-board webcam and you know how "special" those can be to work with.

Thank you very much!

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
You're welcome, I'm glad you find it to be useful. Keep a look out for OBS Studio within which we're currently working on, it'll start making its appearance in the coming months.

ctlw83

Interesting...

What features are you planning for OBS Studio that the current OBS version doesn't have?