Question / Help Headset Audio Problems

Mat_the_w

My headset is the Astro A20 (Link here https://www.astrogaming.com/on/dema...ustomerService-ProductSupportItem?hid=a20-xb1 )

My issue is that I can't record the desktop audio and mic audio at the same time. Only when desktop audio is making sound can the mic be picked up, if the desktop audio stops the mic audio is cutoff. If I only have one source, being desktop audio OR mic audio it works all nice without problems. The mic only works if I use Audio Monitoring in Advanced Audio Properties but then my game/desktop audio and mic audio are on the same track which makes it harder to edit. My end goal is to record in mp4 (because it has to be multi-track compatible) with (in the video editor) 1 track being the video track, everything you see ect, 1 track being the game/desktop audio, the game itself and 1 track for the voice. Any help is much appreciated as this seems to be a OBS problem as when it's closed under normal Windows 10 audio settings the mic is picked up and as soon as OBS is opened it stops. My guess it has somethen to do with the log where it says:
WASAPI: Device 'Headphones (2- Astro A20 Game)' Terminated
WASAPI: Device 'Microphone (3- Astro A20 Voice)' Terminated
Idk just a guess.

Here is the log:
https://obsproject.com/logs/6KwkIH_giClurLyy

WeeemRCB

It sounds like there's some codec or software preventing the mic from triggering.
Or maybe even a windows setting?

If that's all ok, maybe try recording audio per scene rather than global desktop/mic settings?

e.g. Create a scene called: Audio (or whatever) and add: Audio Input Capture for desktop and another for mic.
Then add the Audio Scene to your main live streaming scene.

Failing that, maybe look at a virtual mixer like Voicemeeter to see if it's OBS specific or all applications

Mat_the_w

Windows settings all appear to be fine, I tried installing Voicemeeter and it picked up the mic, even used it as the mic source in obs but the same problem still persists. Both desktop audio and mic audio can't be captured simultaneously. I also tried per scene audio but came to the same result :/ Defiantly seems to be an OBS problem though. Under the 'Mixer' tab, (where audio sources are viable when they make sound) if I only have one of the two desktop audio or mic audio it works fine.

Last edited: