HDR to SDR

eltoffer

Well I would try to be as clear as possible

I play in HDR and stream in SDR, I set the color space to REC 2100 in SOURCE PROPERTIES so the color gain a bit of saturation and contrast, BUT what I see in that window (source properties) is not what I actually see in my canvas so the stream goes less contrast/saturated, will leave you an image to compare side by side what I mean, is something im missing or just how OBS is suppose to work?

is not that a big difference but I like the "properties" one

OBS.jpg

Attachments

• 2024-01-24 01-13-36.txt
    32.6 KB · Views: 10
Si entiendo bien, la pantalla es HDR pero la emision es SDR. Tendras en Ajustes/ Avanzado ¿NV12 y Rec. 709 ?.

Creo que OBS te muestra en la ventana de propiedades de la fuente la imagen en HDR, pero la ventana principal en SDR. Si tuvieses en Ajustes/ Avanzado PO10 y Rec 2100 PQ , para emitir en HDR, verias las dos ventanas igual.

Lo puedes comprobar haciendo dos perfiles en Ajustes/ Avanzado , uno para HDR y otro en SDR (que ya tendrás). Veras que la imagen que dan los dos perfiles es claramente diferente y la de SDR difícilmente se puede igualar

Lo único que puedes hacer es poner filtros, el de corrección de color te puede ayudar . O emplear LUTs, pero vamos , es imposible igualarlo, solo trampearlo

En Youtube se puede trasmitir en HDR. Youtube hace la conversión para verlo en SDR, no se ve mal pero tienes que verlo allí, en un navegador que no soporte HDR ( Firefox por ejemplo) o desactivando el HDR en Windows

Para trasmitir en HDR, aparte que lo que dicho en Ajustes/ Avanzado tienes que usar la salida en HEVC y Main 10 , la clave de Youtube en HLS clave variable, aunque la próxima versión de OBS parece que permite trasmitir en HDR y RTMPS

eltoffer

Si entiendo bien, la pantalla es HDR pero la emision es SDR. Tendras en Ajustes/ Avanzado ¿NV12 y Rec. 709 ?.

Creo que OBS te muestra en la ventana de propiedades de la fuente la imagen en HDR, pero la ventana principal en SDR. Si tuvieses en Ajustes/ Avanzado PO10 y Rec 2100 PQ , para emitir en HDR, verias las dos ventanas igual.

Lo puedes comprobar haciendo dos perfiles en Ajustes/ Avanzado , uno para HDR y otro en SDR (que ya tendrás). Veras que la imagen que dan los dos perfiles es claramente diferente y la de SDR difícilmente se puede igualar

Lo único que puedes hacer es poner filtros, el de corrección de color te puede ayudar . O emplear LUTs, pero vamos , es imposible igualarlo, solo trampearlo

En Youtube se puede trasmitir en HDR. Youtube hace la conversión para verlo en SDR, no se ve mal pero tienes que verlo allí, en un navegador que no soporte HDR ( Firefox por ejemplo) o desactivando el HDR en Windows

Para trasmitir en HDR, aparte que lo que dicho en Ajustes/ Avanzado tienes que usar la salida en HEVC y Main 10 , la clave de Youtube en HLS clave variable, aunque la próxima versión de OBS parece que permite trasmitir en HDR y RTMPS
Gracias por la respuesta, comprendo lo que mencionas y si tengo otro perfil para HDR pero como uso el codec AV1 me limita a usar RTMPS, seria genial lo que mencionas de poder usar HDR en futuras versiones, y mencioné este "problema" porque creo recordar que en versiones anteriores de OBS (27.XX) al ajustar el valor a REC2100 en la ventana de propiedades, no había diferencia en el canvas y en esa ventana

Thanks for your reply, I got what you mean and indeed I've created another profile for HDR, but since I'm encoding using AV1 I'm limited to RTMPS, I really hope future OBS releases support both standards HDR and AV1, I noticed this "bug" cause I think I remember older OBS releases (27.XX) can handle the HDR to SDR in the right way the you set REC2100 only in your source properties, showing the same color as in canvas and the properties source window

OBS permite trasmitir en HDR pero solo con el codec HEVC, la emisión tiene que ser con el protocoló HLS. Y solo en Youtube.

Se explica en esta guía

RECORDING AND STREAMING HDR
With OBS version 28 and later, you can record in HDR, and stream HDR to compatible services. Currently you can capture HDR with HEVC and AV1 for local recordings, and stream in HDR to YouTube with HEVC only.

CAPTURING HDR
HDR - or High Dynamic Range - allows you to increase the range of light of your content. You can record and/or stream with HDR.
Note that:
  • HDR content can look washed off in non-HDR displays, so you don’t want to turn this on if your display does not support HDR, or if the platform you are streaming to does not support HDR.
  • HDR requires HEVC; it’s not compatible with H.264.
In order to enable HDR, we’ll need to make sure that:
  1. You have an HDR monitor.
  2. Your Windows and Game settings have HDR turned on.
  3. We configure your full pipeline in OBS to enable HDR.
Windows and Game Settings
Start by making sure that you have HDR turned on for your Display in Windows. Right Click on your desktop > Display Settings, and turn on Use HDR.
1683067218382.png

Next, open the game you want to record or stream, go to the settings and make sure HDR is turned on. In Windows 11 there’s a feature called Auto HDR that enables a virtual HDR mode for any game. This is also a valid option.

OBS Settings
In OBS, start by going to the Advanced tab and changing the Color Format to P010 and the Color Space to Rec. 2100 (PQ).

Next, we need to adjust the Game Capture source. Double click it (or right click it and go to Properties), scroll down find the RGB10A2 Color Space. Make sure this is set to Rec. 2100 (PQ).
1683067218420.png

Your content should now be ready to be captured and/or streamed in HDR! But remember, in order to record and/or stream in HDR you need to change your encoder from H.264 to HEVC. You can visit the How to Record and/or Stream with HEVC section above to adjust this.

HOW TO STREAM HDR WITH HEVC TO YOUTUBE
If you want to stream with HDR to YouTube (only supported service currently), make sure you are using the HEVC encoder, and adjust your Profile to main10.

Finally, navigate to your YouTube Live settings on YouTube.com, and make sure that your Latency setting is set to Low or Normal (do not use Ultra Low as it is not compatible).

En la próxima versión parece que con HEVC también se podrá emitir con el protocoló RTMPS.

Usando AV1 también parece que algún dia será posible