HD60s+ in OBS dropping frames

Wolffe

Hello, I'm kind of at my wits end right now.
I use OBS to record my Xbox Series X with my Elgato HD60s+ for making YouTube videos, it has worked just fine for months. I used to use Game Capture HD but it started to not save recordings consistently so I would lose an entire recording. I decided to switch to OBS because it seems like everyone uses it and like I said, it worked fine but now it will not stay at 60fps and now will jump down to 58, 47, & 32fps all the time! I don't know why it's doing this. As I said, it's been fine for months. If I open stats it says "Frames missed due to rendering lag." A few months ago it would stay at 60fps and would not move ever!
I'm only recording 1920x1080 High Quality, Medium File Size. When I record my desktop it doesn't drop frames. When I switch to my capture card it immediately jumps down to 30fps and then will go back to 60fps and then just kind of goes all over the place... my recordings have turned into a PowerPoint presentation. I have uninstalled and reinstalled OBS and that did seem to fix the problem for about a month but now it's back.
I have plenty of hard drive space and I have a new 4T SSD external hard drive on the way.
I was thinking maybe it's the capture card itself but I have a new HD60 X that I plugged in to see if it would work and it too will not stay at 60fps.
(I don't use the HD60 X on my iMac because it does not support the audio for it.)
I've seen the CPU at 2% and then 32% and then 58%.
I don't know what the problem is, I'm not super tech savvy so any help would be appreciated.

I have a Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019 iMac with a 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
Using OBS 30.1.2
Elgato HD60s+