Having severe dropped frames on OBS

VercettiRoyce

For a few weeks now I've been trying to stream and every time i go live my frames drop drastically. It doesn't drop instantly but it more or less happens at random times and can sometimes be really bad. When this all first started i was streaming on Twitch and out of hesitation to try and get my streams back in order so i could get on track with my streaming grind, I've tried all types of trouble shooting methods and even lowered a lot of my settings in OBS such as Bitrate and many many other things that could be affecting it and nothing helped. Since then I've contacted my ISP and explained my situation and they had a technician come out and everything was fine with the wiring outside leading into my apt and my connection was perfectly fine overall from what that person said. Fast forward to the last few days i swapped over to Youtube to see if maybe its server side with Twitch and nope its still happening. I honestly don't know what is going on and I'm hoping someone could help me here!

idk what else to put on here but please let me know what would be needed to fully diagnose my problem if needed!

Attachments

• 2022-10-25 18-56-05.txt
    40.6 KB · Views: 13

Sejbo8000

Does it happen when you look right and left or just in general? Here is a list I made for another person that could help
List of possible fixes:
1. Limiting in game FPS to either 60, 120, 180, 240, 300. It could give you more gpu resources to record and it should make the recording look smooth since they are all multiples of 60 or 30 (it depends on you obs selected fps)
2. Use V-sync or G-sync to even ot frametimes.
3. Close background programs.
4. Launch OBS in admin mode.
5. Minimize OBS when recording (Read that this helped some people)
6. Have your refreshrate match the fps with multiples of 60 (60, 120, 180, 240, 300, 360)
7. Lower recording quality in obs.