Having multiple plugin sources with different properties isn't possible

Derko

Hello!

I'm having issues with an obs plugin, Bongobs Cat to be exact. It doesn't seem possible to have two of the same plugin sources active with different properties on each source. Filters are shared between the sources, even if they are in different scenes. I'm not really sure if this applies to every obs plugin (I would guess not), but is there a way to bypass this behaviour?

Usually I would write this to the creator themselves but they don't seem to be active / have not responded or posted anything in a long time. :(

PaiSand

You have to ask to the creator of this plugin.
If they're not active, that's all. Try to find and use plugins which are actively developed and manteined.

Kraezy

Hello!

I'm having issues with an obs plugin, Bongobs Cat to be exact. It doesn't seem possible to have two of the same plugin sources active with different properties on each source. Filters are shared between the sources, even if they are in different scenes. I'm not really sure if this applies to every obs plugin (I would guess not), but is there a way to bypass this behaviour?

Usually I would write this to the creator themselves but they don't seem to be active / have not responded or posted anything in a long time. :(

Only way I've found to have separate properties is to run Nested Scenes
Install plugin StreamFX
Create a MIRROR of the nested scene (i.e the source you're wanting multiple properties of)
Edit the MIRROR properties

Derko

Only way I've found to have separate properties is to run Nested Scenes
Install plugin StreamFX
Create a MIRROR of the nested scene (i.e the source you're wanting multiple properties of)
Edit the MIRROR properties
Hey Kraezy!

Thank you for offering a solution, I installed StreamFX and added a Source Mirror of my existing source. It now allows me to add in individual filters for each source, which wasn't possible before. Unfortunately in the case of Bongobs Cat, the plugin properties which have their own selections (they're called modes in the plugin) are not influenced by it.
With a way of locking/freezing the properties of the Source Mirror and then changing the original source to a different mode, I can see it working.

Initially I had a different aproach in mind which would be to install the plugin twice under a different name each to have separate sources that don't influence each other. Unfortunately I wouldn't know how nor do I know if it would work like that.

Derko

For everyone seeing this in the future who want to do the same:

I unfortunately couldn't solve the plugin issue, however I found an alternative to Bongobs Cat at least for the Mania mode which is Mania Cat. It's not an obs plugin but can just simply be implemented with a window capture and then edited with a Chroma Key filter.