Question / Help Haveing Audio Issue's

Typhus888

Im not very versed with these kind's of programs, to be honest its like a new language to me. I have bin struggling with a very faint helicopter sound while I'm streaming. its even worse while I'm recording I'm running a triton computer with an I7, 1060 GeForce with 16 gigs of ram. I have bin messing around with my filters
for a couple day's and have come up short. I have bin looking on obs forums for a fix and still coming up short, I have tried multiple fix's with no efect, and im prity sure I'm probably doing something wrong I just cant put my finger on it so here is my log https://obsproject.com/logs/QcEDCwj-82_aTnAY I'm hoping some one can lend a obs newbie a hand.

Harvey S

I have had the helicopter sound. When I first started streaming the laptop I was using did not have enough USB ports so I used a USB hub to run a USB mic and a USB webcam in to the computer. My fix was to get a Bluetooth mouse to free up a USB port and get rid of the hub .

carlmmii

First thing would be to change the OBS audio sample rate to 48,000hz and see f that addresses your issue. Both your desktop and mic devices are already at 48,000hz, so this would match so that no resampling is happening.

It's kind of hard to go off of the description for what you're hearing though.... that could be any number of things.

What mic are you actually using? I see that it is plugged into your motherboard's mic port... is this a headset mic?

Something to check would be to see if windows is applying any of its own processing to it. Go to windows settings -> system -> sound -> sound control panel. Click on the recording tab, and double-click on your microphone device. Depending on the drivers, you may have an option called "AGC" -- turn this off.

Typhus888

First thing would be to change the OBS audio sample rate to 48,000hz and see f that addresses your issue. Both your desktop and mic devices are already at 48,000hz, so this would match so that no resampling is happening.

It's kind of hard to go off of the description for what you're hearing though.... that could be any number of things.

What mic are you actually using? I see that it is plugged into your motherboard's mic port... is this a headset mic?

Something to check would be to see if windows is applying any of its own processing to it. Go to windows settings -> system -> sound -> sound control panel. Click on the recording tab, and double-click on your microphone device. Depending on the drivers, you may have an option called "AGC" -- turn this off.

thks for all the info you have provided so far I'm using an asuse strix rog head set had to plug it in to my comp though due to the micro usb giving out on me