Have to re-add video sources after unplugging.

JustJoe78

I have a situation that is far from ideal to work with, but I'm still a new OBS user so I may be missing something simple.

I am running a Zoom session with multiple cameras and microphones. Since we are using a shared space I can't leave my equipment set up when not in use. All of the individual pieces work fine when controlling outside of OBS. I'm able to set up and successfully use everything in OBS at home, but when I go to plug everything in at our meeting site I wind up having to re-add all of the video sources. I have not been able to successfully duplicate my successes at home in the field. Since I'm usually in a time crunch at our meeting site I typically wind up managing camera and mic switching directly in Zoom.

Do I need to make sure that everything is plugged into the SAME USB ports to maintain the settings? I can get the label maker out if I need to...

I was previously using the Intel version of OBS on my 2020 M1 MacBook Air. I did download the M1 version that someone had compiled, but I have not tested it yet.