Have audio issues, and cannot figure out why.

StubblyRumble

Well to start I use windows 10, a Yamaha MG10XU sound board, and 1 microphone.
Well I guess I should start at the beginning. Installed software, plugged in microphone, plugged USB to pc. And everything worked good.
Installed obs studios and input my settings. Desktop audio set to MG10XU, mic set to MG10XU (because microphone is plugged into soundboard). Tracks set 1 track per device.
Then I noticed that when there was sound on the pc both desktop audio and microphone were showing sound coming through on the meter. Come to find out that was because I had a cable running from a channel into the audio plug on the pc. I unplugged it and that stopped.
But when I hit record the desktop audio was not recording. I have the MG10XU set as default devise in settings. For desktop and microphone. Then all of a sudden when I spoke into the microphone I would occasionally get crappy audio (which didn't happen when the other cable was plugged into the audio port of the pc), checked the mic cable and thats not the issue. But now when I speak into the microphone both the mic and desktop audio are showing sound and creating an echo. The sound board is 6 months old (purchased new), pc is home built 1 year old. Checked the drivers and updated any that had available and still the same issues.
I have been trying to get the proper settings for about a week now and I am losing my mind. I think I have put in all the information I can, but things are just not turning up milhouse.
If anyone has any tips or solutions because you also use a soundboard and obs studios that would be amazing. I have been reading countless forums, and hours of videos and no one has touched on the type of issues I am having. I'm just praying someone out there knows what is going on. Please and thank you

Lawrence_SoCal

This forum is for Ideas and suggestion on changing/improving OBS. For technical support, you should post in the Windows Forum (not sure and Admin can/will move this) for better/more responses. https://obsproject.com/forum/list/windows-support.32/
And be sure to follow the instructions on posting a log file from a stream/recording (so people can see exact settings you are using, if audio refresh rates all the same, etc.. I recommend looking at log yourself... sometimes errors are plain/clear even to non tech folks)
In that same OBS Windows forum, I recommend searching on USB controller monitoring as well (just in case)
Also, I found it much easier for me to disable Desktop Audio, and have only the specified Audio source (but I ven't yet gone DAW path, which is coming up soon, so... I could be off-base here
Good look