Question / Help Hauppauge HD PVR 60 Support

PraxicEternal

I've heard from Hauppauge themselves that OBS does not currently support their newest game capture device (The HD PVR 60). They've told me its not something they can fix, it's on OBS's end. That said its been about 8 months since the HD PVR 60 was released. Any update on OBS support coming to it? Can I at least get confirmation that the OBS volunteers re aware of this and are working on it or plan to implement the support eventually?

PraxicEternal

It's been out for more then a year, and OBS already supports it.
It's a crappy device though.
I was told directly by Hauppauge earlier this week that OBS does not yet support it. Have to use work arounds such as screen capping the hauppauge software for it to work. Also, why do you describe it as crappy?

Recently bought and returned this device. Could only get it to work by doing a Windows capture on a fullscreen preview of their own software (which wouldn't stream to Twitch properly on its own...). It showed up as a capture device in OBS but selecting it did nothing.

I was told by their support as well that there is no support for OBS, despite general OBS guides being linked on the product page (a tad misleading on their part).
Can't say I know what goes into DirectShow support for individual devices, and I never tested the thing in AmarecTV etc, but it wouldn't work in Xsplit either so likely this is a driver issue.