Halo Infinite freezes when OBS has a source on it on KDE Wayland

Roguefort.

Hello,

When playing Halo Infinite while OBS has a video source on it on Wayland KDE, the game freezes completely. The game is still playing, as sounds still play. If I switch to another window, get out of focus of the game, close OBS or remove the video source, the game unfreezes.

It's irrelevant if I'm recording or streaming, as long as OBS has a source on the game and I'm on the game window, it will stay frozen until I stop the source or switch to another window.

So far, I've only seen this happen on KDE Wayland and I'm unsure if it happens also on Wayland GNOME or if it's a Wayland issue in general.

Attachments

• 2024-07-24 19-22-09.txt
    20.2 KB · Views: 5

Roguefort.

Update

When using the video source and pick my screen (i.e. the monitor screen), the game doesn't freeze. I've tried another game on Steam (Spiral Knights) and it doesn't freeze when selecting it on the Pipewire screen share and set OBS to watch it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240727_194703.png
    Screenshot_20240727_194703.png
    125.7 KB · Views: 8

Roguefort.

Update 2

When being in game and getting to the pause menu, the game unfreezes. It seems that the game freezes 'in-game' and it doesn't whenever I'm on a menu. That's why the game doesn't freeze on the menus, but does in-game.