H.264 Processor Utilization Peak (IMO faster to fast)

FTX_Arduous

Although preview might have to be disabled due to duelling the output to both the stream and the preview you can increase how much work the H.264 can do. Being as most processors and motherboards have only 1024MB ram capacity I can only extend the base canvas by up to 3k 2880x1620 and maintain frames. This reduces the top end processing work load, and utilizes the ram. It causes the codec to add 16x16 render points over 3k rather than 2k. I havent tried this on a new H.256 but i'm assuming its going to drag the GPU down quite a bit and demand from your game on a single computer streaming setup. When OBS and or Microsoft decided to lock the 9600k from over clocking perhaps due to a bad review on youtube on a nearly failed overclock test. Similar scoring processors could use this method to go beyond "very fast" as locked by OBS, I'm assuming as the x264 is corrupt over an exact amount of time.

FTX_Arduous

On another note, Open Broadcast Software and or encoder inventer, you can make use of this and allocate the appropriate amount of processing needed and or increase to high quality instead of just quality. Otherwise if it doesnt need adjusting, don't make this possible please. Video games often create this render back drop, i don't know if you noticed when you tab out of the game, it makes the game more sound in their gpu render.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
I'm extremely confused by this post. We don't lock or restrict anything in OBS. If you want to use a lower preset for x264, you're welcome to change it in Settings -> Output to whatever you want.

FTX_Arduous

Sorry, i just think the timing on windows and obs needs to be adjusted for this specific cpu. I noticed if i strap the CPU and adjust it accordingly windows runs fine or use the intel optane. It's just something in the timing, and as for intel if you would like to inform them, using standard timing on I would say a classical style cpu, the extra carricular threading, if you will, may not be needed.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Being as most processors and motherboards have only 1024MB ram capacity
I don't understand where this idea comes from. Most computers today have at least 4GB of RAM, if not 8GB or more. My desktop has 32GB of RAM, and I've seen motherboards and processors that can support 256GB.

Maybe start by describing the problem you are having, and including an OBS log file? I feel like perhaps you're making some assumptions about how OBS works that might not be correct.

FTX_Arduous

I don't understand where this idea comes from. Most computers today have at least 4GB of RAM, if not 8GB or more. My desktop has 32GB of RAM, and I've seen motherboards and processors that can support 256GB.

Maybe start by describing the problem you are having, and including an OBS log file? I feel like perhaps you're making some assumptions about how OBS works that might not be correct.

FTX_Arduous

Yeah, i said assume. But everything is fine where i originally came up with extending the base canvas to uitilize more of the H.264. Perhaps where you are confused, and let me elaborate, most CPUs*** are only allowed a maximum of 1GB for their integrated graphics.