H.264 Encoder trouble

SweetyB

Hey! A few days ago I wanted to test the CPU encoder and switched the encoder to x264, after testing I found that the old AMD encoder is gone and now there is a new H.264 (do not really know the reason for this change, maybe its GPU drivers (RX 550), mb new version of OBS). But here's the thing: this H.264 encoder is now heavily overloaded... Everything was fine before the replacement. I've streamed games and never experienced lag. So, I looked at the OBS statistics and found a curious thing: frame drop on the network partition. I again changed the encoder to the processor and a miracle happened: with the same bitrate and other settings, everything was fine! Not a single lag, except for the game itself. In an attempt to find out the reasons for all this "miracle", I began to observe the process of frame drop: the first frames were drop over the network and at the same time the bitrate could raise 22000 instead of 6000, then the frames drop on the network disappeared, and instead frame drop on the encoder appeared. Analysis of the log on the OBS forum says that the audio buffer is overloaded, and the only advice I found there was... restart OBS. Of course it doesn't help. The last thing I noticed: regardless of the scene, sound, their content and other video conditions, the video card encoder is always active at 90% when streaming is active, when the game starts, this value rests at 100% and frames loss begins. I am attaching the log of such a broadcast, as well as screenshots of the output settings. And yea, one more thing: when Video Encoder active at 100%, GPU active about 30-40% only. Gentlemen, please help :)

P.S. And yea, I already tried to reinstall the OBS, even checked if the video card coolers were spinning just in case, rebooted the computer, installed AMD Radeon Software and updated all the drivers there after it started.

P.S.S. URL log with troubles: https://obsproject.com/logs/kp4u6zqFCf59OtN-

Attachments

• GPU Encoder Settings.png
    GPU Encoder Settings.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 310
  • GPU Graphics.png
    GPU Graphics.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 317
  • Start Streaming about 2 minutes.png
    Start Streaming about 2 minutes.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 265
  • Streaming about 4 minutes.png
    Streaming about 4 minutes.png
    16 KB · Views: 235
  • Streaming Game Graphic.png
    Streaming Game Graphic.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 198
  • Video Settings.png
    Video Settings.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 198
  • CPU Encoder Settings.png
    CPU Encoder Settings.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 289

PaiSand

SweetyB

Ok, let's see:
1. Max Audio Buffering. How can i fix it? Audio bitrate set to 160. Reset OBS? Done. Still troubles.
2. CPU Encoder Overload. CPU Load about 30% for all time, if it means GPU, thenit was fine 3 days ago, what happened? How i can figure out this?
3. About Network Connection. With x264 Encoder all fine, 3 days ago all was fine, nohing was changed (besides changing Encoder). Whats different? 100Mbps it's not enough for this?

sandrix

1. Switch to preset: Balance
2. Specify in AMD/FFmpeg: preanalysis=0 vbaq=1
3. If you still get encoder overload, reduce the output resolution.

The thing is that the encoder on Radeon video cards has low performance and lags behind competitors in quality. Except for RX 6000 series.

sandrix

If you want to stream to YouTube use AMD HW H.265. To do this, select YouTube HLS in "Stream" and create a new key