[Guide] Deinterlacing for console games

XennoTheRogue

i got it to work but nothing you said (paibox) worked when i tried it out (or it was already set up how you explained it).

anywho, what i did was link the line-in to the VAC line in i created. i then set OBS to use the VAC line for audio output and my usb headset for audio input.

everything works fine now and its broadcasting with sound, video and mic audio.

cheers!

AndehX

This is how I used to stream console games when I had my blackmagic intensity devices, but im using an Elgato Game Capture HD, and it isn't detected by AmarecTV :( im so sad lol, I love AmarecTV

paibox

heros in an halfshel
The El Gato Game Capture HD unfortunately doesn't have proper DirectShow drivers, and thus can't work without the developer implementing specific support for it, like what OBS has. I don't think that's very likely to happen, unless the device gets really popular in Japan or something.

stelzig

XennoTheRogue said:
i got it to work but nothing you said (paibox) worked when i tried it out (or it was already set up how you explained it).

anywho, what i did was link the line-in to the VAC line in i created. i then set OBS to use the VAC line for audio output and my usb headset for audio input.

everything works fine now and its broadcasting with sound, video and mic audio.

cheers!
If you want audio to work without VAC, open amarec FIRST and open AMcap afterwards. AMcap enjoys changing the audio pin (at least for me) and it can be a bit annoying.

(i'm assuming you're using AMcap to fix colors because of PAL60)

Am I missing something here? I install this and there's no program to open. The only thing that shows up in the Start menu folder is an uninstall file. There's nothing in the Program Files folder either.

askela

stelzig said:
I get two syntax errors whenever I launch amarec and I believe this is causing deinterlacing not to work. Any idea on why these show up and how to fix them?

"Syntax error "auto_deint.ini" in 15 lines.
"DATA p t 1280 720 59.94 1280 720 60.00; D4"

"Syntax error "auto_doubler.ini" in 11 lines.
#DATA d 720 240 59.94 720 240 60.00; 240p"

I can remove the lines and get the same error on the following ones, so I imagine it is on all of them.

I just opened those files with Notepad++ and removed all the "#". Result - no errors and everything works (:

Ok i took your advice paibox and i came here to try to figure out how to fix the audio on my dazzle. The problem that i'm having is that i am not able to open amarectv after i install it. I downloaded the live setup 11 en.exe file and it was successful but when i try to click on amarectv.exe (which is the program im assuming) it says amarecEVR.dll is missing from my computer. But in this image you can clearly see that in the amarectv file amarecEVR.dll is like two slots above it.

http://i.imgur.com/8WwGMUx.png

Why would i be getting this message and whats going wrong. This isnt the first time i have seen a message like this when there is no reason it should be there. When i installed dolphin it was the same way but it let me run the program anyway. Please help lol

*Edit*
Ok so i was able to get the program running but only after moving like 10 of the files from the folder and onto my desktop. Then it says failed to open the wav file like 5 times then it lets me open amarectv. Is this normal?

paibox

heros in an halfshel
You are trying to run AmarecTV from inside a zip file. This has never worked, and it will most likely never work, nor were zip files ever intended to be used like that.

Extract the zip file somewhere, even an actual folder on your desktop will do. Never try to run applications from inside of zip files.

I actually figured that out right before I left my house for work. I just didn't have time to post it. When I get off work in the morning I'm going to try all the settings out and see if it works. Thanks again paibox

Ok so i pretty much have it all working and i have adjusted all the settings and deinterlaced. One problem im having now is that the screen in amerac is shaking slightly. like really fast shaking. Any idea what that is? Another issue is that my quality through amerac looks kinda bad and it transfers over to obs like that. And i tried doing what you said about the audio but i still cant manage to get any sound >_< lol im a noob

paibox

heros in an halfshel
You're using a Dazzle, right? The Dazzle has pretty shit video quality to begin with, there's not incredibly much you can do about that except use s-video (when applicable). You haven't said WHAT you're capturing either or what deinterlacing method you're using in AmarecTV (if any), etc. etc.

If AmarecTV gives you this much trouble, why not just use the other workaround I posted in the Dazzle audio thread and use the capture card directly in OBS instead? OBS also has deinterlacing.

I plan on getting an s video cable. And sorry i posted in another section what i'm capturing and forgot i didnt do it here. I'm using it to capture the legend of zelda: the wind waker.

In amerac i am using for retro game as my deinterlacing method. But i have tried the other and the screen still shakes. Im only using amerac for the audio aspect really. I was able to deinterlace in obs i just really want audio. I didn't really think to use the other method because i know of alot of streamers that use amerac and their audio is flawless. I just wanted to give it the best try i could before i gave up on it. But yeah maybe i will try the other option. You said it works just as well?

paibox

heros in an halfshel
It works just as well, yeah. For games like Wind Waker, you'll *really* want an s-video cable. The Dazzle video quality is just atrocious when it comes to "high" resolution SD material (480p).

As for the shaking, I'm not sure. You shouldn't use the hardware deinterlacing method, try either "Action game" or "RPG". Retro deinterlacing isn't meant for 480p stuff like Wind Waker, it's for NES/SNES/PS1/etc.

Ok so i have come to the conclusion that in terms of audio i am borderline screwed. I installed the crossbar thing and did everything that you said (by that i mean in the dazzle options i opened up the crossbar selected the output dropdown menu and put it at audio decoder out then went to the left dropdown and put it at 5: audio line in and im still not getting audio on obs. Everytime i go back to the crossbar menu it has switched back to video decoder out on the right side and video composite in on the left. And i have been clicking apply. Here is a screenshot of the settings i put in.

http://i.imgur.com/YnquwbP.png

I dont have any clue why its not working

Yeah. Right when i click out of the crossbar and then go back into it its back the way it was before. it doesnt save my settings for some reason.

paibox

heros in an halfshel
You're not trying to adjust the crossbar settings before you start capturing, right? Because as I mentioned, you can NOT do this, the Dazzle drivers are crap, and will change these settings back to the wrong values the moment the device is initialized in any application.

You need to start capturing, as in previewing in OBS or AmarecTV or whatever, THEN run Crossbar Thing and change the settings.

I'm almost positive that I did it the right way (started capturing then adjusted it) but once again I am At work and unable to attempt it. So I need to open obs, preview my stream, then open crossbarthing.exe (the actual program itself), change the settings to the ones you recommender, apply them, and see if it works?

And also on the dazzle properties where it had my audio optionsi should have that set to the dazzle option and for desktop output or steam output? I wasn't sure which so I just selected desktop

paibox

heros in an halfshel
Both methods work fine, the only difference is that the sound won't play on your computer with the second option, it'll only get output to the stream itself. And yeah, you need to apply the settings after either starting the preview or the actual stream.