[Guide:] A brilliant way to cancel your microphone noise

arukie

Hello.

First of all this is very related to this post.

The programs you will need are Adobe Audition and Virtual Audio Cable. You can download VAC here.
To download Adobe Audition you either have to buy it or go the other way.

I made a video explaining how to set it up:

http://youtu.be/64FYKuR1TL0

Hope you like it. :)

gmontanola

wow, this is just awesome.

I bought an ATR-2500 and surely the quality tops any "headset mic" or generic ones but I guess semi-pro and pro mics are designed to work on proper enviroments which does not apply to my room.

The only workaround that I found was to lower mic sens and speak very close to it, but...

I have only two questions. How CPU intesive is this software and can this be done with Audacity? Also, thanks for the guide. It is plain perfect.

:D

arukie

Hey there!

Audition uses about 9% of my CPU when I run the noise reduction filter. I am using an i5 4670k cpu.

I have not tried this with Audacity, but as long as you have a noise reduction filter in Audacity and it lets you monitor your microphone through VAC then I don't see why it wouldn't work. :)

Glad you liked it!

Mackem

Does this work with Skype? I want to buy a higher quality condenser mic but I had a cheaper one before and my friends would complain that it picked up like everything.

Kharay

Although it is not really necessary to use in Skype since it has its own built-in filters to cancel out noise and such. But it wouldn't harm the quality either, so, you could just use this method anywhere and everywhere.

Mackem

I only ask as I find the so-called noise filtering / cancelling in Skype to be virtually non-existant.

Zephimir

Hey, I can't seem to install VAC, I have an integrity check disabling the driver

Anybody can help ? I've been trying to resolve this for an hour now still no solution :(

Mackem

Just to double check, I only need VAC and Audition right, no other programs? Is there any specific way VAC has to be setup or no?

arukie

Mackem said:
Just to double check, I only need VAC and Audition right, no other programs? Is there any specific way VAC has to be setup or no?

Just install VAC by clicking next all the way, nothing special. Then in Audition you pick Virtual Audio Cable as output source and pick the same source as input where you want to record your microphone sound. Skype, OBS and every other voice application.

And yes, you only need Adobe Audition and VAC.

PINHEAD49

Ye, i can agree. Even if i won't use it, because its annoying for me to run an extra program the whole time. A program which starts with Windows and only shown in the system tray would be much better. But i've tested it, and it works great.

samocamo123

Surprisingly, even though my cpu is not too good, it runs fine at 30 ms delay. Also i find that adjusting the volume of the output helps.

Dexare

Arukie, hey I followed your guide on how to do this with setting up my AT2020, unfortunately I did somethign yesterday and now my mic's not being picked up in Adobe Audition, I forgot how to set it up and came back here to check otu your video. Unfortunately your video's no longer available? =(