Question / Help Good specs, but stream delayed/lagging 2-3 seconds

chhardy

Here's the log:

https://obsproject.com/logs/YXROfrfdjk6jIQcK

I've been running a Dungeons and Dragons game with my friends in the New York City area. Recently two players moved to DC, and the plan was for the remaining NYC players to stream the game over twitch for the DC players to watch as they skyped in. (We're using 3 Logitech C920s and a Blue Yeti). We did a sort of dry run recently and found that while the stream wasn't choppy or super poor quality, it was just constantly delayed by about 2 to 3 seconds. I've tried playing with bitrate and resolution settings, which sometimes seem to have a marginal effect on the delay, but nothing significant.

Honestly, I'm not too concerned about bitrate, resolution, or FPS. This stream is really just so my friends can participate in the game in real time, so simultaneous broadcast really is what I'm concerned with.

As per OBS, there aren't any dropped frames and CPU usage hangs out at a modest 2-3% while streaming. Twitch Inspector and R1ch's Twitch Analyzer give good marks (I've attached a picture of latter), though R1ch's TwitchTest says all my connections to the servers are basically garbage (picture similarly attached).

I've recently updated my network adapter and video card drivers directly from the manufacturers.

I'm concerned this may be an upload bandwidth problem, but considering that I'm trying to stream at a relatively modest quality, that seems weird to me.

For the record, the video card is a Radeon R9 270X (I think the log just indicates 200 series).

Thanks all.

Attachments

• r1chanalyzer.JPG
    r1chanalyzer.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 48
  • twitchtest.JPG
    twitchtest.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 47

Narcogen

2-3 seconds is about as good as Twitch gets.

Mixer.com using FTL can get you down around 1, but there's no such thing as zero latency streaming.