Global Scene

Shad0wZ

I'd like to suggest a Global scene so that can be used in all other scenes via a check box in the Sources: tab named "Use Global Scene". The function of the Global scene is to make a one time fixed scene that can be applied to all other scenes.

I like this idea, possibly under the a more concise title of "Composite Source". This could also add to the idea that has been suggested before of linked layers/folders/group for sources.

Example: I could create a group that is my web cam (with a chroma-key to remove the green-screen), with a image behind it that changes every so often. This could then be saved as a "Composite Source", and could be selected from a submenu like Global Sources are now. This would allow people to make complex, yet reusable components for their Scenes.

eag7e

Just for good measure: You're talking about a master layer. In image editing software this is a layer at the bottom, but for OBS I would like to see one at the top as well for bugs a.o.t. Looking forward to the rewrite.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
In the OBS rewrite, a scene can be treated as a source. So you can set up a scene, and add that scene inside of other scenes, and if you change the scene, it will change everywhere else it has been added.

UberDragon

dodgepong said:
In the OBS rewrite, a scene can be treated as a source. So you can set up a scene, and add that scene inside of other scenes, and if you change the scene, it will change everywhere else it has been added.

Now that sounds pretty neat. Stop getting me all excited about it!