Global Hotkeys

nsv111

Okay, I have a problem with the hotkeys.
I have 3 scenes and I need to change them with:
  1. "Ctrl + Num1"
  2. "Ctrl + Num2"
  3. "Ctrl + Num3"
It works great when the OBS Window is focused, but when another window is focused it doesn't work.
Even if I open OBS in administrator mod there are no changes.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. I'm from Russia.

WJF

I guess that's three of us. I too, have to run OBS as an admin to get the global hotkeys to work. I found a program that made me an OBS shortcut to put on my desktop that runs OBS with Admin permissions and does so without invoking UAC when I launch it. I don't know who is responsible for creating this app, but I owe them a big 'thank you'. If you're interested, you can find it here ...

dirtquiz

That makes three of us, I think. For the global hotkeys to function, OBS must be run as administrator, even for me. With the help of a tool I found, I was able to create an OBS shortcut that launches OBS with administrator permissions and doesn't trigger UAC when I activate it on my desktop.

Suslik V

OBS must be run as administrator...
It shouldn't. It works both ways (admin or not). But if your target application has higher permissions, then you need to rise permissions for OBS too. Isn't it obvious? You shouldn't attempt to stole input from application with higher permissions.