Question / Help Glitches when switching scenes rapidly.

naldo29

When I change scenes, there's a weird glitch. It'll show a quick flash of an old scene before moving to the new scene. This is without using any custom transitions, just a default fade. For simplicity, say I have 3 Scenes (Scene A, B, and C). If I start on Scene A and move to B, there's no problem. If I then move from B to C, it shows a flash of Scene A, then moves to C. It happens again if I go from C to B, scene A will flash quickly before transitioning. This has happened for months and does not happen in slobs.

FerretBomb

I have the same issue with Stinger transitions. Apparently the fix is to switch scenes slower; I'd opened a Mantis bug report about it, along with a demonstration video showing the issue happening outside of the 'current known' problem (supposedly it only happens if you switch again within 500ms of the end of the last transition; my sample showed it happening several seconds later), but it was not investigated further.

naldo29

I have the same issue with Stinger transitions. Apparently the fix is to switch scenes slower; I'd opened a Mantis bug report about it, along with a demonstration video showing the issue happening outside of the 'current known' problem (supposedly it only happens if you switch again within 500ms of the end of the last transition; my sample showed it happening several seconds later), but it was not investigated further.
Yup, happens with me at the exact same time, this has been going on for years and i for me it doesn't change it 500ms its a whole 3000ms for me. :/ hope this gets big enough someday to fix this problem.

naldo29

were you ever able to fix this problem or bypass it?

FerretBomb

were you ever able to fix this problem or bypass it?
Only by transitioning much, much slower. Even then it still occurs rarely, even when giving multiple minutes between scene changes.
Again, I opened a Mantis bug report about it with full examples and had it summarily closed, annoyingly.

naldo29

Only by transitioning much, much slower. Even then it still occurs rarely, even when giving multiple minutes between scene changes.
Again, I opened a Mantis bug report about it with full examples and had it summarily closed, annoyingly.
Alright, thanks for your help. i appreciate it.

naldo29

Dude, i just discovered something, i think it has to do with the c920, umm when i turn on slobs and have the c920 hidden it solves the problem, but when its unhidden for some reason it goes back. i honestly dont know why but im going to keep on investigating.

naldo29

Dude, i just discovered something, i think it has to do with the c920, umm when i turn on slobs and have the c920 hidden it solves the problem, but when its unhidden for some reason it goes back. i honestly dont know why but im going to keep on investigating.
wasnt able to replicate this, but i think it has to do with a c920, or maybe slobs was interacting with something in obs because it works just fine in slobs.