get_encoded_packet: nv.nvEncLockBitstream(s, &lock) failed: 4 (NV_ENC_ERR_INVALID_DEVICE) error. can anyone help?

bignphat

This error only happens during the stream. I cannot reproduce this under mimic settings like a recording. I have placed the GPU under heavy load to see if this error happens but it has not. This latest error happened without the use of the GPU. I was streaming off a console so the GPU didn't have a heavy load. the GPU does have the latest drivers installed also I am using the latest windows drivers. The only thing that might be a problem is that the GPU bios are different than what is posted by the company. Not sure if I am confident with updating the GPU bios. If anyone has any advice or knows what I should do, it would be greatly recommended.

Attachments

• 2022-09-29 18-57-34.txt
    128.6 KB · Views: 74

PaiSand

You're using 28.0.1 and should update to 28.0.2 https://obsproject.com/download
You also installed OBS 28 over SE.Live.
Please uninstall se.live, then uninstall and reinstall OBS in order to fix the changes made by se.live. Now please do a test stream/recording of more than 30 seconds and post the log file here.

You also can (or should) remove the remaining se.live files from the %appdata%\obs-studio folder.