GamePad Viewer - The Official Controller Display & Tester

Free GamePad Viewer - The Official Controller Display & Tester v2.0-beta

Comthefox2486

is there any way to disable the top bar?
obs forum pic.png
obs records it and it's really annoying.
all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanks!
(edit. just editing it out is a pain as well. so please don't just say "oh just edit it out!1111!!!!")

themolluskk

is there any way to disable the top bar?View attachment 50453obs records it and it's really annoying.
all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanks!
(edit. just editing it out is a pain as well. so please don't just say "oh just edit it out!1111!!!!")
It's not the most elegant solution, but you can apply the crop/clip filter to the window capture & tweak it to cover it up.

Also, to the dev: thank you for this! The other gamepad display I found earlier has so many features that I don't need for retro stuff. It's definitely polished & robust, but casting from an older laptop means system resources are precious & all the features definitely affect that.

Gamepadviewer picked up my 8bitdo SN30 Pro with zero issue & the simplicity of window capture is so great. Thanks again!

Dangan2020

There's a problem with it though...
I tried to implement the gamepad viewer on OBS Studio as a browser source, using a URL to do so, but when I made any input on the controller the viewer is not responding at all! How can I fix this problem?

fieldgoal00

I can get this to work on OBS with it showing my inputs on my controller, however once I switch to my other window and start gameplay of DESTINY 2, my controller inputs no longer show up in my stream, the minute I alt+tab out of the game and to my second screen that has discord, obs, nsxt and this controller web page up in the background the inputs show up on stream again.

Sakuban

Hey thank you for the great plugin.
But I'm quite frustrated because of the "disconnected" issue showing on OBS when I'm connected by Bluetooth.
First of all, I'm using OBS 26.0.2(64-bit) with a Dualshock 4 controller, connected by Bluetooth.

I added browser source via URL Generator, and I can see the the link works fine and the controller reacts to the button actions, when I open it through chrome.
But if I add the URL to OBS it doesn't react and shows the red controller image with "Disconnected".
I could see that other users had some success through by "Refresh cache of current page" through Properties of the Browser source,
but in my case it never works.
(I added the https://gamepad-tester.com/ to OBS browser source too, it doesn't show any detection of my Controller)

The crazy thing is, if I plug my DS4 controller through USB cable and not BT, then it works flawlessly!
(Both chrome opened, and at OBS too)

I think the browser source of OBS isn't properly recognizing the wireless devices (more specifically Bluetooth..I guess)
Do you think there might be a way to fix this?

DS4 controller naturally sucks when playing wired, because the connection constantly goes on and off because of the cable and the loose connection part to micro-usb slot.

Thanks in advance, love from Korea!

kirkyeehee

I would personally love to see a Switch Pro controller skin for this if at all possible. I use my Switch Pro controller from time to time on my PC for games, and when I do, I'd like to have the switch controller represented.

mrmcpowned

mrmcpowned updated GamePad Viewer - The Official Controller Display & Tester with a new update entry:

GamePad Viewer 2.0 (Beta)

View attachment 100611In honor of GPV turning 10 years old (12/26/2013), you can now try out the GPV 2 Beta and take advantage of following new features:
  • Persistent GamePad Links - You can now save your GamePads and load them using a unique link!
  • Easier Classic URL Generation - The URL Generator now makes it easier to create links for classic URLs, but note that you won't be able to update them...

Read the rest of this update entry...

a4vx

very nice, but I was wondering if there's a setting or config menu that lets you could inputs? my controller is very weird, so for most programs without configuration options pressing one button might register as another (example.. pressing A registers as B) if there is not an option, can one be added in future updates?