Game super choppy when i record

Grape

i have been trying to get the perfect recording settings for recording Valorant but when i hit record my game runs smooth but when i go back to check my recording it is very choppy and when i move ingame then it make the recording go blurry a lot my specs are gtx 1060 6gb and a Ryzen 3 3200g and 16gb of ddr4 3200megahertz ram i have been trying so hard to get my recording to look nice and have watched probably 50 YouTube video's and none of them work.

qhobbes

qhobbes

1. Your audio device has a sample rate that doesn't match the OBS sample rate. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
Speakers (Logitech G733 Gaming Headset): 44100 Hz
2. Run updated OBS as Admin. Right-click on the short-cut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
3.Your log contains no recording or session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS as Admin.
2) Start your recording for at least 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link here.

qhobbes

1. Your audio device has a sample rate that doesn't match the OBS sample rate. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
Speakers (Logitech G733 Gaming Headset): 44100 Hz
If you can't change the sample rate on your speakers to 48000 Hz, the change the OBS sample rate to 44.1 kHz
2. Record to MKV or FLV. If you record to MP4 or MOV and the recording is interrupted, the file will be corrupted and unrecoverable.

If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window or enable Auto Remux in the Advanced Settings.
3. Record with Rate Control: CQP. If the quality is not good enough, lower the CQ level.

qhobbes

Then raise it, you'll need to find the right level for your setup. Also uncheck the box for Psycho Visual Tuning as this uses additional GPU.

terrorfrog

make shure you dont run any other screengrabber. best is to uninstall gforce experience and jsut run driver solo. (tiny nvidia updater frokm github for updates).
also make shure nothing else gonna record/auto record. these days every keyboard manufacturer and his dog release capture programs tied into their keyboard software (steelseries iam talking to you are you drunk). if any of those is set to record auto youre screwed.

also open task manager under gpu you can see also your encoder load.

keep in mind that any kind of "shadowplay" aka press a button to get the last 5 minutes saved - always record and encode (rolling recording) they just overwrite steady. not only does this kill any ssd over time but it also takes encoder time

also try to turn off vsync in game and in nvidia