Game/Stream/Record all at the same time Single PC Setup

Carlos726811

Hi there. I have a Single Pc setup for gaming. I was wondering is it possible to game/stream and record at the same time
Specs for Machine
Ryzen 9 3900x
RTX 3080
32GB Ram
X570-F Motherboard.

If So. which Rate control should i use for Recording.
CQP or VBR I like to record long gameplay roughly around 6+hours.Then i can upload to youtube, I stream on Twitch.

At the moment i have it set up as

CQP
CQ Level 20
keyframe 2
Preset P5 Slow
Tuning High
Multipass Single pass
Psycho Viisual Tuning Checked.
Max B frames 2

PaiSand

Hi there. I have a Single Pc setup for gaming. I was wondering is it possible to game/stream and record at the same time
Run the Auto-congiuration Wizard (tools menu) and apply the settings. Restart OBS and test.
Keep it on simple output mode unless you want to record several audio channels. For recording on simple output mode select one of the presets. Take into consideration that a better quality means more data recorded at the same time, so you need a faster media where to record, meaning better solid drive like latests M.2s (compatible with your mobo)

For streaming, use the recommended kbps the service you want to stream to suggest.

Test, test and test again.
Look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.

koala

is it possible to game/stream and record at the same time
That's the easiest task. You can push both "Start Streaming" and "Start Recording" button at the same time to do both, or you can simply activate Settings->General->Output->"Automatically record when streaming" to start recording as well as soon as you press the "start recording" button.

The challenge is the quality of your recording. Least resource intensive is using the "(use stream encoder)" encoder in the recording settings. This way OBS is just writing to disk what it also sends as stream. This is the least quality.
To get better quality for recording, choose some different encoder with a quality based rate control (no bitrate), preferably a hardware encoder. You have a RTX 3080 with its excellent Nvenc, so choose nvenc as encoder for recording. The settings you posted look good, use them.

The final challenge is if you want to record with a different resolution than streaming. However, you didn't write anything about that.