Game & Music Audio Cackling when I'm Live Streaming

Jaijunn

Hi There!!

I've been recently dealing with on stream cackling and weird sounds during my stream when I'm live or even some of the clips (I should have saved the ones I've deleted). I don't hear the cackling myself but my chat do.
I was told by my chat that theres cackling in my game, people who I'm in discord with, etc.

I'm currently using Win Capture Audio Plugin to seperate my spotify and get it out of Twitch VOD.

48HZ in audio settings for OBS and Headset.
I do stream and use my capture card for my Nintendo Switch when I do play games.
Headset is HyperX Cloud Alpha Wireless and have reinstalled my drivers and updated headset firmware but cackling happens sometimes.

I've attached some log files for anyone who is able to configure these issues.

Attachments

• 2023-11-27 17-33-11.txt
    109.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 2023-11-27 17-45-44.txt
    95.5 KB · Views: 9

Suslik V

It seems that you run into issue:

In case of OBS Application Audio Capture (Beta) this "crackling" issue also known as:
It has many threads on the forum, for example:
and some other threads on this forum, that covers both plugin and built-in implementations of the audio capture of the single process.

If you able to reproduce the issue and still want to help to developers to resolve the issue, please take a look at this post, that describes how to test it in a few steps with a standalone application (based on MS native solution of single process capture):

Suslik V

Also, some of your sources leave "garbage" in the RAM:
Code:
17:50:32.469: Number of memory leaks: 12

If memory consumption inadequately grows while you are using OBS - consider to remove problem sources from the scenes and look at the log again (after OBS closed). What it can be? It can be any source (media, device, filter, plugin etc). This also may be caused by some external plugins or scripts (if any was installed). But sometimes it is driver or OBS internal bugs.
Here, good value for "memory leaks" is 0.

Jaijunn

Also, some of your sources leave "garbage" in the RAM:
Code:
17:50:32.469: Number of memory leaks: 12

If memory consumption inadequately grows while you are using OBS - consider to remove problem sources from the scenes and look at the log again (after OBS closed). What it can be? It can be any source (media, device, filter, plugin etc). This also may be caused by some external plugins or scripts (if any was installed). But sometimes it is driver or OBS internal bugs.
Here, good value for "memory leaks" is 0.
I thought I responded to this but thank you so much! would it be worth reinstalling obs and removing all the traces of files ?

Suslik V

Would be nice to try portable mode of OBS to see if the leaks caused by OBS or drivers itself (without plugins and additional scripts, if any).
Or at least, try to run OBS safe mode (cmdline key: --safe-mode) few times.

OBS portable mode (read after the "If it was not clear" words):