Game Detection

Helixia

Hey everyone,

It is possible in OBS to detect the game you are playing and then changes the game you are playing on Twitch (or any other streaming site).

Example: I start my stream and i'm playing Guild Wars 2, but Twitch says i'm playing a other game.
Then OBS (or a plugin) detects it and changes the game playing to Guild Wars 2.

I saw this option in other streaming programs and i think i would be awesome to have it in OBS.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Can you link me those other streaming programs? I would like to see that in action and working for any game :)

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Thanks, just wanted to know. In evolve it worked for me with quake 3 in a quick test, but bf4 didnt want to start while the evolve client is running :D (I couldnt find it in xsplit though, but I havent used it in a while, last they only had some kind of announce)

Its definitely not a bad idea, if someone has time and will to add it, he can of course contribute it to OBS :) (possibly for different services, not twitch only, etc.)

ThoNohT

Developer
Should this really be an OBS plugin? This can operate quite separately from OBS, as it only needs to interact with the games and the Twitch Dashboard. An option might be to add this functionality to Twitch Dashboard Lite, or the other dashboard project that was posted here recently.

The only advantage I can see in integrating it in OBS is that you can make it update only when OBS is streaming, but shouldn't there also be an API call available to see if you are live? And what if you want it to update anyway when not live, so it is automatically correct when you start streaming, etc.

Helixia

ThoNoht That's true that such a program can operate seperatly from OBS.
This was only a suggestion for a plugin or integration in OBS.

Such a feature in Twitch Dashboard Lite (the dashboard program i use) would be awesome too.