Question / Help Game Capture?

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
I was more or less going to post the same suggestion as Light and Magic. Display Capture seems to be the best solution for capturing LoL on Mac due to the multiple-window nonsense that LoL loves to do.

ecarlstrom

As League of Legends appears to be one of very few games who work this crazy, I'd suggest doing just a full display capture. We can not expect the developers of OBS to come up with a solution for something that is crap in the first place.
I would do this except FPS issues mean this method is not feasible for me.

Display capture is not much slower than Game Capture, while Window Capture is. So I still think Display Capture would be your best bet for LoL, but as I see major FPS drops myself when using OBS I know your problem and can only recommend lowering the settings in LoL and hoping for a playable situation...

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Yea, never use window capture if you can avoid it. Display capture really is the best capture method on mac right now, but of course everyone dislikes its downside (the fact that viewers can see everything). I can't promise things will get better right away, but we probably will eventually try to contribute to syphon to improve it at some point.