game capture auto detect

duhbuhldee

This post is only a suggestion. The main thing that I request is that the game capture have a way of auto detecting the game your playing instead of cycling thru alt + tab and or using dxtory inorder to have pc game to work on obs. I say this because Xsplit is working on such a feature for there upcoming release for xsplit 2.0 which is right now in beta.

Osiris

You can just set a hotkey in the game capture source, when you press it, it will try to capture the active window.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
I can also tell you that the obs rewrite's game capture will probably have a similar option. Thanks for the suggestion!

Albert Garinni

The easiest solution for now is to add an extra option for Game capture called "Immediately". This should start game capture immediately on Start recording and end it when recording stops.
This avoids the need of assigning an extra shortcut key, but probably defining a shortcut to start/stop game capture should still be allowed for those who want to stop game capture during recording. I think this would definitely satisfy duhbuhldee and me as well.