Future release OpenGL?

Oxize

Are there any thoughs about using OpenGL in Window Capture?

I use Photoshop for my online streams. But there are problems with streaming.

I can use game capture, but then you only see document and not all tools around from Photoshop.
If i use Monitor Capure, i see all tools, but now i dont see the document :D

After long some searches, that was caused by Photoshops OpenGL Option (graphics processor) or better said caused by OBS because Window capture cant use OpenGL.

Now making it more difficult. If i disable Graphic Processor on Photoshop, so it doesnt use OpenGL anymore, i see all everything in PS, but then you can't use the rotate tool, which is verry important in digital painting/drawing.

So i am kinda stuck.

The alternative way is enable, "Disable Aero" option in OBS, and use Window Capture for Photoshop. Now you can use the rotate tool (with graphics processor enabled). The only thing is when you pop up a other windows like a browser in front of it, it captures it also. This doesnt happen when Aero is on

I dont want streamers to see my desktop or other programs in the background. Only PS. So i need to minimize PS first, so OBS is still capturing PS, and then i can bring other programs to the foreground. Now they dont show up in the stream.

All with all, its pretty anoyying.

So in short to the Devs, "OpenGL for windows capture" in the nearest future? I like OBS alot, but missing OpenGl in Window Capture is pretty anoyying.

Last edited:

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Window capture not working on OpenGL applications is a Windows limitation, nothing we can do. Even if it worked, it would only capture the Photoshop window and no sub-windows, so you need to use Monitor capture anyway.

Oxize

How is it possible then to see Photoshop inclusive with the working document on window capture with Aero off. PS rotate tool works with OpenGL in PS, when Aero is off, i can see everything.

Only thing is when you show something in front of the windows you see it also on OBS. Guess when Aero is off, it act the same as monitor capture?

Anyway thanks for the explanation.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Yes, when Aero is off, Window capture and Monitor capture behave the same. Aero is what lets Window capture grab windows exclusively, but that process bypasses OpenGL.