FPS Lag despite the Settings!

Fishrule31

I am having trouble recording games with OBS. I normally record Minecraft content. Usually I have 220 FPS but when I even only open OBS my FPS drop to under 50.
My settings for Recording are following:
Type: Standard
Recording Format: mkv

I have learned that Windows 10 20H2's power management is forcing the GPU to lower the voltages. I believe that these power management updates were introduced in Windows 8. I use a HP z620 Workstation, 64 GB of ECC memory, 12 Core Xeon and two NVIDIA Quadro GPUs (SLi). No matter how powerful the system is, Windows 10 20H2 will lower the GPU's voltages even if the power policy is set to High Performance or NVIDIA's Prefer Maximum Performance, whether gaming or recording.

After about 10 minutes into recording, the frames will drop, stuttering will happen during recording. I would toggle the Buffering setting and it would stop, but after 5 minutes, the drops and stuttering would happen again.

What I have done to correct this issue was to use MSI Afterburner from Guru3D's site. It can operate at either the user mode or kernel mode to override the OS's control over voltages. I did not change any voltages or use any overclocking. Below is a pic from my Alienware Alpha and are the settings that I use to fix the constant dip in voltages on my HP.

1620187006509.png

Per the "Force Constant Voltage" setting to paraphrase: This setting disables dynamic voltage switching, which is what I believe is occurring in Windows.