FPS drop spike when OBS is launched

SireChaussette

Hi !

I've an issue since few days.. I don't know why, but on everygames, I've a sort of fps drop spikes each seconds when ops is open. I don't need to stream to have this issue, and it's on every game I try to play.. If I've to take LoL as exemple, I'm playing with almost 300fps, but it drop to 100 fps with OBS launched. The feel is quite painfull, it's like mini freeze every seconds and I don't know how to solve it.

I didn't uninstal OBS because I'm scared to lose my scenes haha.. I tryed to update everything, my CPU and GPU are not overheating or whatever (working at ~15-30%), and it's only when OBS is launched on my computer..

Here is my log, don't know if it'll help

If you've any solution..
Thank you everyone :(

SireChaussette

Well I find something, I'm using a looping video as BG on a scene, when this one is enable, I've the issue ! So I guess I have to make a scene without the video as BG :(

qhobbes

Your monitor (nice monitor btw) has a 120 Hz refresh rate, meaning the image can only change 120 times per second. Try capping your in-game frame rate to 120. Don't render frames you can't see; render better frames you can see.

SireChaussette

I'll try that, because the problem is back again..
EDIT: Same shit :x
EDIT2: I've notice something, when I run LoL, I've 300 FPS, when I start OBS, it goes down to 70-100, when I quit OBS, it goes back to 150 max, what the fuck

SireChaussette

I already tryed to have lower graphics, like, very very low graphics ( I tryed 800*600 resolution haha), I also tryed to disable everything in my scene, same issue. :/

I checked my CPU, it's at 20/30% maximum and my GPU is 30/40% used

SireChaussette

Well, I maybe found a solution.. I'm back at the time where I had to disable things in the scene to avoid that problem, especially the video as BG so.. I guess it'll work for now. :/