Forcing OBS to use different audio output than the default set by Windows

Maurycy

Windows has not got the option to set different programs to play out of different sound devices, however, some programs are programmed in a way to allow the user to change the output device. OBS (if I am correct) lacks this feature. It would be very useful to have.

c3r1c3

Your request is a bit incomplete. OBS can output to different devices if you're using the audio monitoring feature.

If you're talking about something else, please clarify and provide a use case/scenario that illustrates what exactly you're asking for.

Maurycy

Your request is a bit incomplete. OBS can output to different devices if you're using the audio monitoring feature.

If you're talking about something else, please clarify and provide a use case/scenario that illustrates what exactly you're asking for.
Okay, I am using the VB-Audio Virtual Cable tool.
I want to stream a browser source video. However I at the same time I want to be in a VOIP service with my friends. I want to be able to just stream the sound from the browser source but not my friends' voice from the VOIP.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
As I understand it, the problem is that CEF does not have a way to give control of the audio it plays. OBS can't even adjust its volume.

c3r1c3

You best option is to not use Browser Source (which I must point out is a horrible idea for things such as this) and instead use a proper browser. If you're getting a black Window when trying to capture your browser, disable hardware acceleration or use a different (i.e. Firefox) browser.