Bug Report Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

howellbp

I use a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 for audio input/output. I'm running Mac OS Mavericks (10.9.4) in 64 bit mode. The Scarlett is a USB interface which is 100% supported by the operating system and every other piece of software I use. I can't seem to get the microphone input in OBS 0.4.2 Mac to accept the Scarlett 18i20's input. I've tried different hardware IO configurations using the Scarlett mix interface software but nothing seems to work. Mac OS system sees input from the microphone, and my Logitech USB webcam microphone works fine.

Any help would be appreciated. Is there a new version of the Mac client coming anytime soon?

Logs: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/4bf5e613256355027511

howellbp

These look like the culprits here:
03:35:04: [coreaudio_init_format]:[device 'Scarlett 18i20 USB'] unknown speaker layout: 18 channels
03:35:04: coreaudio: failed to find device uid: AppleUSBAudioEngine:Focusrite:Scarlett 18i20 USB:14a10000:2,1, waiting for connection
03:35:06: [coreaudio_init_format]:[device 'Scarlett 18i20 USB'] unknown speaker layout: 18 channels

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Interesting. Thank you for pointing that out. I may have to buy it and check this out, but I can't give a firm ETA. It seems like it's not running in stereo or any of the standard channel formats. What sort of speaker layout does it use? Actually I'm wondering if this is a bug in the code for certain devices at this point.

howellbp

Interesting. Thank you for pointing that out. I may have to buy it and check this out, but I can't give a firm ETA. It seems like it's not running in stereo or any of the standard channel formats. What sort of speaker layout does it use? Actually I'm wondering if this is a bug in the code for certain devices at this point.
Mine is set up with a standard stereo pair. It's capable of 18 inputs and 20 outputs (10 analog, 10 digital), but I only use them for routing softsynths back into my DAW.

If you want I can provide screenshots of the Audio/MIDI settings and the Scarlett Mix Control options. I can also provide the system ID dumps from System Profiler if you want, if that'll save you having to buy your own. I don't know how similar Scarlett devices are to each other driver-wise but the vendor ID and classes should be similar since they're all USB CoreAudio devices (I think).