Flickering in OBS

Scorpionem

Hi,

I've had this flickering happen through OBS that just started today out of some reason. I've rebooted my PC, checked for updates on everything and the flickering still happened, I even checked all connections for everything too and still no change.

I'm using 2 monitors which are both the same but streaming from 1 of them:
SAMSUNG 27-Inch Odyssey G5 Gaming Monitor with 1000R Curved Screen, 144Hz, 1ms, FreeSync Premium, QHD

I stream my gameplay in 1920 x 1080 but my games run in 1440 res which match my monitor's resolution. 1 monitor that's the primary monitor is connected through Display Port whereas the secondary through HDMI.

The games are running on the Display Port monitor whereas Discord, OBS etc. are on the HDMI monitor.
The flickering just happened today while I was streaming not on the monitors themselves but through OBS preview, just through OBS.

Is there any fix for this? I use Display Capture for my gameplay and another instance of Display Capture for a section to blur out in-game chat and never had this happen before until now.

and again, there is no flickering on the monitors themselves but just through OBS display preview in the app itself

.norman.

have you tried making any changes based on the analyzer results?

your log:

.norman.

i wonder if its a GPU issue
I suppose that is possible. but i would start with the simplest things first (also the cheapest...) settings. see if you can make any of the changes recommended by the analyzer before making any major changes.

Scorpionem

well I have Killer Network Controller closed, and don't have it open through startup even though it still shows that message, i even did update the application too by removing it all together and redownloading it on the website it provided, I turned off Dynamic bitrate before and because im streaming over wi-fi i've been getting lots of dropped frames on the network side so i've kept it on and even though the bitrate still jumps from okay to nothing for like 20 seconds because im still waiting for the basement to be finished with the construction before my family can figure out how to get ethernet happening for my room. they're thinking of connecting the ethernet through a wireless hub, but we'll see in future about that

.norman.

step 1 in troubleshooting a problem is to evaluate any recent changes to the system, even if you don't think that it is related, revert the changes back if for no other reason other than to confirm your suspicions that it is not part of the problem.

as for the ethernet issue, there are alternatives. you can look into a couple of power line adapters or a couple of moca adapters. with a power line adapter you can use the power outlets in your home like ethernet, same with moca adapters except they use the coax cable lines in your home.

D

Deleted member 274374

I think i figured it out, it was Optimization for Games
This: In Windows Settings, select “System.” In the sidebar on the left, click “Display.” On the right pane, at the bottom, choose “Graphics Settings.” On the following screen, toggle OFF the “Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling” option and restart system.

cygnus

I have a similar problem...
I use OBS for my churches livestream, and it has periodic flickering on the screen. It used to be quite frequent, but I turned down the bitrate and this helped to solve the problem. However, it was not solved completely. The flickering appears less often, but still at least once every 1-3 minutes (it used to be closer to 3-5 times each minute).
I can't turn down the bitrate any more without suffering from other problems, and I haven't found any other good solution to this problem.
This problem did not recently appear, but has been ongoing for as long as I have been controlling the stream at my church.
I am using a windows 10 pc that doesn't even have hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling, so I know thats not the problem.
The OBS analyzer said that I'm using 32-bit OBS on a 64-bit system; could this be the problem?
Any assistance would be helpful!

cygnus

Nevermind, I solved the problem by updating to the latest version of OBS.
The interface is terrible but at least it works.