FFMPEG Encoder Crashing

rockbottom

You need to use the Full Shared version to get it to work, not Essentials. Follow the directions in post #13 in the thread below. I just did it & I'm now able to set B-Frame Reference Mode to Middle for Streaming & Recording.

Last edited:

rockbottom

I ran an extended test with (2) streams & an H265 recording, all good everything was nice & stable. I attached the log from the session.

The H265 recording was Custom FFMPEG, using QuickTime (mov) container w/24bit PCM Audio. If you decide to give this a try down the road, you can also use the Matroska (mkv) container. Here are the Encoder Settings with the updated B Frame Reference Mode command in case you want to copy/save them.

preset=hq profile=main tier=high rc=constqp rc-lookahead=32 init_qpP=18 init_qpB=18 init_qpI=18 bf=2 b_ref_mode=middle

Attachments

• 2020-12-01 11-57-09.txt
    19.3 KB · Views: 14

Daerados

I managed to get latest available Zeranoe ffmpeg package, its working with my settings - game looks great.
Will tinkering with settings could improve my webcam quality? I got logitech c920 - other getting it better quality, mine gets blurry/pixelated even with over the limit twitch bitrate and full room of lights (overkill I'd say) :)