Few suggestions

Ianuarius

Ok, just to be sure, I'll copy these posts I wrote in sourceforge because they are things that I really feel would improve the software a lot. :)

1) When I choose to use Game Capture with hotkey to select the application, whenever I change the scene I then have to use the hotkey again. It would be helpful if the application was saved so when I swithed scenes I wouldn't have to use the hotkey over and over. That would make for smoother casts too, since I just get a black screen until I hit the hotkey. I would much prefer using the Game Capture feature with hotkey, but in its current state, it's just unusable.

2) It would be really helpful if the profiles would change the scenes, also, or if there were profiles for the scene selections. Currently I can only run a cast with one resolution only and if I want to change the res, I have to change all the scenes. I have 5 scenes currently (game screen, overlay, overlay break, game screen no cam, full camera) and changing all of these to a different resolution takes few minutes, which is kinda awkward especially if I have to change it multiple times during the day. Changing the profile also doesn't seem to change the resolution of the stream right away -- you have to restart the program.

Currently what I do is two profiles. One 1280x720 and one 640x480. Then I have ten scenes (five for each profile) and before the cast I change the hotkey for each one. Still takes a bit unnecessary work, but it's the easiest solution so far. If I ever wanna do maybe like 1920x1080 resolution casts I then have to create another 5 scenes.

3) One thing tho Xsplit does better: you can position elements (cameras, crops, images) by inputing the coordinates and pixel values. I use multiple scenes and I want some elements to be exactly the same size in each one of them, like my watermark! I managed to do it by hand but it was unnecessarily complicated. If you can just input the coordinates, scaling, and cropping somewhere already, please tell me! It might be just that I'm stupid! :D

I want to do the same thing with my webcam feed. I wanna type in how many pixels to crop in topleftrightbottom and how large the element needs to be so I can give all the scenes the same values. Copying these items between scenes would also be greatly beneficial! :)

EDIT: Just, again, FANTASTIC JOB with the program. I absolutely love it. I tried Xsplit out, but this one is waaaaaay better!

EDIT2: Oh, and if these things are requested all the time, sorry for wasting your time. :) Just joined here and quickly browsed a few forum pages through.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I am aware of most of these actually, and we're hopefully going to end up implementing/fixing them in the rewrite. What I would like is to be able to save/load scene setups and such to/from file.

The game capture hotkey issue really needs fixing. And the numeric positional thing is definitely going to be in the rewrite.