Feedback on highlights / replay app with multiple video source buffer and saving clips

redsun89

Hello all,

We are developing a custom application that will allow to buffer and save clips for all detected video sources. First version will only support NDI and USB inputs (such as ElGato and other USB HDMI capture devices).

Some features:
- The length of buffering can be set manually.
- The output path can be set manually.
- Each video source will have its default system name, but can be renamed to anything for easier recognition.
- 4 save buttons with different amounts of seconds are available for each video source. Each button's amount of seconds can be set manually. This allows for easy saving clips of different lengths.
- 4 save buttons with different amounts of seconds are available for ALL video sources, allowing to save clips of all video sources by pressing one button.
- After saving a clip, you can add tags to the file for easy recognition.

The initial goal of this application is to allow replaying any video source in OBS, with the original source's footage instead of OBS output. But, this can also be used for easily creating short recordings of any events, to use later on for compilation/highlights. After a clip is saved in the set location, you can manually load it into OBS as a media source file and "replay" it.

Here you will find some screen views of the UI, which are pretty much self explanatory:

I would like to request your feedback on this application.

Also, I have some questions:
1. For faster use, would you recommend to load this UI in the OBS UI as a plugin or leave it separate? If include, how is this done?
2. Is there any way to speed up the process of playing a saved clip in OBS, instead of having to load the media source file and then activate the scene/file?

Please let me know if you have any questions.