Bug Report Feature Update to Win 10 v1909 via Enablement Package destroys display capture

deniercounter

I installed on 14.11.2019 the "Feature Update to Windows 10 Version 1909 via Enablement Package (KB4517245)".

Result was a black screen display preview as well as a recorded black screen leaving only Audio working. Tried hours all available fixes I found on Internet and Youtube without success.

Now I deinstalled this latest Windows Update and it works again.

Of course this is not a solution.

Hope this may help someone.

Attachments

• 2019-11-15 07-03-16.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 183

GruSulDirupo

Sto riscontrando lo stesso problema, per fortuna sono riuscito ad usare l'opzione "cattura finestra", però mi sembra un po' limitativo...

khdzstudio

OBS 24.0.3 Update Solutions that worked for me
Desktop Users:
This new update has come with some issues for both my laptop and desktop. Here are my laptop and desktop in case you may have the same specs.
Desktop:
i7 4790k
16GB Ram
GTX 970SC
Windows Update 1903​

If you update say from OBS 21.0.1 like I did directly from the “Check Update” you will get the following error when you open OBS 64bit but not 32bit.

Capture.JPG
THE FIX:
Simply uninstall OBS completely and re-install via the OBS official page. Not sure why it does this but after you install it, it fixes the issue. I have not updated to Windows 1909 Fall Update on my desktop because of what has been occurring to others and what happened with my laptop.

Laptop:
DELL XPS 15 9570
i7 8750H
16GB
GTX 1050 Ti​

Windows Update 1909 and went back to 1903
I was getting the laptop black screen issue that should have been fixed using the guide found here, but for me it was not working at all. After much fiddling and uninstalling, re-installing and even installing older versions of OBS I finally found that someone else was having the same issue and was able to uninstall the Windows 1909 update by doing the following.

Windows Settings > Update & Security > View Update History > Uninstall Updates > Windows 1909 Update. It will restart your computer a few times and then you should be good to go. You can then use the laptop black screen guide to fix the issue.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions let me know and I’ll be able to see if I can help you out. My work desktop has an AMD graphics card and it’s also getting the same issue as my home desktop so I will update on Monday when I re-install OBS and see if that fixes the problem on AMD cards.

**Update**

This worked on my workstation computer at work. I just uninstalled OBS and re-installed it and the Error disappeared, I am also not running the windows 1909 update but 1803 at work.

Last edited:

koala

No issue here. Display capture works as always. Using a desktop PC.

There was a new Nvidia driver pushed through Windows Update (432.00) today, so there were perhaps issues with older drivers.

Don't hesitate to update your Nvidia driver at least twice a year to the most current release. "Update" doesn't mean "check if an update is available", instead it means "actually download and install the most current driver". Nvidia releases updated drivers every month, so there is definitely a new driver available every month.

deniercounter

I started this thread and cannot confirm any solution for me.

I tried:
- Uninstalling OBS Studio
- Installed said Windows Update again
- Installed Geforce Software without registering from: https://www.nvidia.com/de-at/geforce/geforce-experience/ (Maybe I simply don't get how to update NVIDIA driver though?)
- Fresh Installed OBS Studio

Result:OBS Studio is not working anymore. Exactly the same problem as I described at the beginning of this thread on 15.11.2019.

Please, is there anyone that found a solution or can give me some hint on how a proper installation for the NVIDIA driver has to be made?

Attachments

• 2019-11-21 22-44-28.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 26

deniercounter

I tried to update the Nvidia driver in the device manager, but Win 10 search announced I already use the latest.

In the end the only way to make OBS Studio work again was to re-uninstall the Windows Update ot 14.11.2019.