Feature Request - VST Plugin Host Stack

FerretBomb

Not sure how feasible this would be, but adding a VST host/plugin capability would be extremely handy; either mic-only, or one for the mic and a separate one for the game/system audio.
It'd allow using compressor/expander/limiter VST plugins for the mic, and any number of other effects. Currently there are a few ways to work around and get it running (VSTHost + VB-Audio CABLE) but they're clunky and tend to induce a large amount of lag.

Ianuarius

I was just about to suggest this. I do a lot of mixing and mastering with music tracks and when I can't use VST plugins when casting... it just feels like such a waste. :)

I could really use my compressors, gates and limiters and ReaFir for noise reduction. I mean there is a noise gate in OBS but it doesn't really do it for me. the ones I've already worked with utilize different algorithms that would help a lot!

I hope this gets implented!

mrblaq

I agree this would be a nice feature.

I'm currently using Reaper.Fm as a VST host with VB-Audio CABLE for routing as my Mic processor.

I've set up a chain that creates a general NASA "comms chatter" aesthetic for broadcast over Kerbal Space Program. Works well alongside ambient music.

Stephen Becker

This would be awesome. I just started looking at broadcasting and with an audio background being able to set EQ and compression is a must for me. I found the exact same Reaper/VAC solution as the person above, but it seems needlessly complex. Being able to drop VST filters directly into OBS would be nice and clean!